• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bella and George's new enclosure with rocks from my local quarry!!

colin

Hatchling Dragon
Hi does any one know the difference between habistat thermostats, I currently have a dimming thermostat for my spot light over the basking spot, and a temperature thermostat over the basking spot for the ceramic bulb which is used at night...

The reason for this is because the temperature thermostat just cuts out when it reaches a required temp, which is ok for my ceramic bulb but like a disco for my spotlight which is why I have the two different ones...

The temperature stat cost £30 / 50 USD, and the dimmer stat cost £79 / 132 USD.

I am currently building a second viv for my other beardie and have come across a habistat thermostat twin channel which costs £45 / 75 USD, saving a considerable amount ?

Any feedback on what I should go for would be greatly appreciated I have attached pics of the thermostats...

£79 / 132 USD
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401113.944975.jpg

£30 / 50 USD
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401129.809523.jpg

£45 / 75 USD
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401143.211754.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401045.620596.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401045.620596.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 43
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401059.855500.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401059.855500.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 43
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401070.555621.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400401070.555621.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 46

colin

Hatchling Dragon
The twin channel looks like its for controlling both the hot side and cool side temps, but not day / night. Or it can be used for the hot side on 2 vivs

Ahh I see, thank you for this I appreciate your input. :)

loz72vw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I use a habistat dimming thermostat high range which cuts out at 104f, I find that easier to control & stops the bulb cutting out completely only dims it.Do you live in the uk....£79 seems quite expensive. Swell reptiles online sell them for £42.

colin

Hatchling Dragon
Hi I use a habistat dimming thermostat high range which cuts out at 104f, I find that easier to control & stops the bulb cutting out completely only dims it.Do you live in the uk....£79 seems quite expensive. Swell reptiles online sell them for £42.

Thankyou for this information I have managed to get a dimming thermostat for £26 and another one for £21 on eBay and both are working great..

I'm using a standard temperature thermostat on the ceramic heaters at night :)

loz72vw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nice one.....good prices :) I'm upgrading my beardies tank and it does get costly. I like your viv the natural rocks are looking good :)

colin

Hatchling Dragon
Nice one.....good prices :) I'm upgrading my beardies tank and it does get costly. I like your viv the natural rocks are looking good :)

I will admit I liked my viv too but the rocks have created a safe haven for live stock food which is kinda a pain when it comes to feeding!

I also found Bella and George where slightly down :-( so I made their enclosure more minimalistic with just a basking rock and a rock in the cool area with lots of empty space on the ground for them to run around in...

Since this they seem so much happier!!

So I guess a simple viv is a happy one and a busy viv is intimidating :-(....

Ah well I guess I need to learn as I go along!

loz72vw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh no that's a shame, sometimes slight changes can't affect their mood. I'm going to make a basking rock/cave out of polystyrene in couple of weeks. Hope Rango will like it. And yes I'm still learning, I've only had Rango since October & I learn new things everyday.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Ye the less in the viv the happier the beardie calm and collected hehe. My vivs r very simple but my beardies love them
uploadfromtaptalk1400751253148.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400751270823.jpg

Boris- darker viv
Diego lighter viv

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Nice looking enclosures, both of you. Colin I would recommend though that you mount your fluorescent light over next to your basking bulb. You want your dragon to get full UVB exposure while it's basking, so they don't have to choose between heat and UV.

Latest posts