• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon prolapse

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Meal worms from my experience are harder to poop out, I noticed when my beardie pood she really pushed hard and stayed pushing till it came out and even a couple seconds after, do you notice it takes her a long time to poo? I ask cause you should of not been able to take that picture with how quick lizards poo, the second they arch their tail the poos usually on its way out. So im guessing hes in pooping position for long time?

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Meal worms from my experience are harder to poop out, I noticed when my beardie pood she really pushed hard and stayed pushing till it came out and even a couple seconds after, do you notice it takes her a long time to poo? I ask cause you should of not been able to take that picture with how quick lizards poo, the second they arch their tail the poos usually on its way out. So im guessing hes in pooping position for long time?
I dont know how much time. But i took a video and stopped the video and take a screen photo. When he push his tail up i took a video to understand is it out. Today i took a video too. I think it is around 15 seconds but i am not sure. Because right now there is something wrong with my phone. When it opens i check the time.

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Do hemipenes come out when pooping? I thought that only happens when they’re in the mood, like sadie said get rid of the cabbage, its no good and was possibly the cause of his upset bowels
Maybe he is mood. Because when he go for a walk. He starts to shack his head like up down. And start to ran to me.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe he is mood. Because when he go for a walk. He starts to shack his head like up down. And start to ran to me.
No the hemipenes dont come out--- the bobbing is part of the mating thing and it is normal -- if hes outside and running at you could hes scared -- is he black bearding at all when running at you? Black beards are a sign of distress or pain or mating season as well --

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It sounds like he could be in the mood, and the cabbage with the mealworms could be compounding the issue, if it happens again id definitely make a vet appointment and bring a poo sample with you so they can check fir parasites

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
No the hemipenes dont come out--- the bobbing is part of the mating thing and it is normal -- if hes outside and running at you could hes scared -- is he black bearding at all when running at you? Black beards are a sign of distress or pain or mating season as well --
Yes he has a little black beard. But he is not puff them. After he poops he go back to normal beard color.

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
It sounds like he could be in the mood, and the cabbage with the mealworms could be compounding the issue, if it happens again id definitely make a vet appointment and bring a poo sample with you so they can check fir parasites
Today happened too. But this time the thing was small.

Bibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
While my bearded dragon pooping a strange thing get out of his butt. It is a red purple thing. I researched about that and ı think that it is prolapse. But the different thing is my bearded dragon collected all thing inside with a few seconds after pooping. I dont know what is wrong with him. What should ı do? Can you help me please?
Or it could be his penis (which is inside his body). That happened to a dragon I had. My vet did surgery on him but he was never quite the same.

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Or it could be his penis (which is inside his body). That happened to a dragon I had. My vet did surgery on him but he was never quite the same.
Like how he was never quite the same. Is he acting lathergic?

Latest posts