• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon prolapse

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
While my bearded dragon pooping a strange thing get out of his butt. It is a red purple thing. I researched about that and ı think that it is prolapse. But the different thing is my bearded dragon collected all thing inside with a few seconds after pooping. I dont know what is wrong with him. What should ı do? Can you help me please?

Attachments

• 561133BE-5824-41FE-86F7-09681430E697.jpeg
    561133BE-5824-41FE-86F7-09681430E697.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 156

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
While my bearded dragon pooping a strange thing get out of his butt. It is a red purple thing. I researched about that and ı think that it is prolapse. But the different thing is my bearded dragon collected all thing inside with a few seconds after pooping. I dont know what is wrong with him. What should ı do? Can you help me please?
Yeah that 100% does not look normal. Sadly I don’t now much about that kind out stuff. But I know a lot of people in here do just hold on for now

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
A prolapse requires a vet

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That definitely looks like it’s insides, can you tell is about the beardies diet? If he’s eating lots of worms exclusively that can make them over extended their bowels and cause prolapses. :(

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
He eats collard greens, cucumber, zucchini, carrot, rocket, cabbage etc. He also eats 2-3 mealworm every day. In weekend he eats bugs.

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
He eat mustard greens last week. He didn’t like it. And this problem happened. Is it because of mustard greens?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

He eats collard greens, cucumber, zucchini, carrot, rocket, cabbage etc. He also eats 2-3 mealworm every day. In weekend he eats bugs.
How old is the dragon? If hes younger than a year NO more meal worms -- he needs insects every day but for now I would hold off on the insects-- feed soft foods only like baby food chicken bady food squash -- you can soak him in sugar water that will make the prolapse retract -- but I would get him in for now to the vet -- the diet is causing the prolapse -- NO more cabbage or cabbage related cucumber will cause watery stools like lettuce which has no nutritional value good for hydrating only --- -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- Meal worms should not be fed every day you need a staple feeder like crickets dubias BSFL or silk worms---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He eat mustard greens last week. He didn’t like it. And this problem happened. Is it because of mustard greens?
NO they are a main staple feeder -- it is the meal worms --- and cabbage its too hard on the system too much roughage

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is almost 2 years old. I gave him apple. It helps for pooing. By the way he get all thing by himself in a few seconds after pooping. I will take care your advice and ı will check the website. He eats cabbage one time every week but ı dont give him anymore. And try to not give mealworm but he doesn’t like eat greens thats why ı give him and trick him with the mealworm.

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Every bearded dragon poop before brumation. But mein didn’t. And ı try so hard like everyday. Then one day he eats his meal and go to sleep. I didn’t notice he try to brumate. And what to do. Thats why he eat meal before brumation. Maybe ıt could be the reason.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is almost 2 years old. I gave him apple. It helps for pooing. By the way he get all thing by himself in a few seconds after pooping. I will take care your advice and ı will check the website. He eats cabbage one time every week but ı dont give him anymore. And try to not give mealworm but he doesn’t like eat greens thats why ı give him and trick him with the mealworm.
Dont feed him anything for now --- check out the website for nutrition I posted -- so hes old enough to eat the meal worms but dont feed him now let the prolapse go back in --- get him into the vet I posted a website --- dissolve the sugar in hot water let it cool down to warm and soak him it will help the prolapse retract -- has it gone back in now? You can take a Q tip and gently push it back in but soak him in the sugar water first ---- No more cabbage ---

Aleyna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okey. I don’t feed him. And ı wont feed him with cabbage. There is no prolapse out right now. He pulls prolapse by himself after pooping. If ı can take you video you will understand but ı guees it is because of my english. Oley ı will go to vet.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do hemipenes come out when pooping? I thought that only happens when they’re in the mood, like sadie said get rid of the cabbage, its no good and was possibly the cause of his upset bowels

Latest posts