• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Just Lays there All Day

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Getting the temperature just right can be tricky, if you have a T5 UVB light your are have way there, and a good thing about T5 tube lights well the Arcadia they will be good for a year and the T8 tube lights have to be changed every 6 months
The light that is in there is currently a T8. I just went to my local Petsmart, and all they sell is T8's. They have to T5's, which I don't understand

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Does the calcium have D3? The dragon falling onto his back is NOT good --- it sounds like MBD w/ the non use of the back legs and neurological issues w/ the falling over on the back -- please keep basking decor low and NO hammocks for now - hes not going to be able to get up on the hammock if he cant use his back legs -- he needs a piece of decor under that UVB approx 6-8 inches that is flat and has wide width so he can fall off --- this is very disturbing --- please keep a close eye on him dragons cannot breath on their backs-- How long was the dragon w/ out proper UVB?
Is it normal for beardies to not eat all day? I have my sons beardie collards this morning and he has not eaten all day. Hopefully nothing is wrong with him.

Joesmom

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Is it normal for beardies to not eat all day? I have my sons beardie collards this morning and he has not eaten all day. Hopefully nothing is wrong with him.
It’s not unheard of. Ours won’t eat greens pretty much ever so if that was all she got then she wouldn’t eat for days! If I feel like something’s wrong though I offer some protein to see how she reacts. If she won’t eat her usual favorites (crickets, hornworm - actually anything that moves - or yellow squash) then I look further to see if there’s a problem.

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
It’s not unheard of. Ours won’t eat greens pretty much ever so if that was all she got then she wouldn’t eat for days! If I feel like something’s wrong though I offer some protein to see how she reacts. If she won’t eat her usual favorites (crickets, hornworm - actually anything that moves - or yellow squash) then I look further to see if there’s a problem.
That makes since. I know he will eat his proteins...but at the same time, I know beardies are supposed to get greens most of the time as adults or am I wrong?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That makes since. I know he will eat his proteins...but at the same time, I know beardies are supposed to get greens most of the time as adults or am I wrong?
No its true some dragons wont touch them and the owners try and try to get them to eat them -- I have 2 now that arent eating them even tho one was raised on a baby to eat them --- my oldest wont eat them either and they get served every day a fresh salad -- w/ worms on top like super and horn and butter --- its nice to offer variety as well -- do you have the nutrition website ? And yes dragons will not eat every day especially at this time of year -- they have slowed down -- if your concerned you need to keep a weight on him - if they have a lot of parasites that too will cause lack of appetite -- the poops will give you a hint of that

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
No its true some dragons wont touch them and the owners try and try to get them to eat them -- I have 2 now that arent eating them even tho one was raised on a baby to eat them --- my oldest wont eat them either and they get served every day a fresh salad -- w/ worms on top like super and horn and butter --- its nice to offer variety as well -- do you have the nutrition website ? And yes dragons will not eat every day especially at this time of year -- they have slowed down -- if your concerned you need to keep a weight on him - if they have a lot of parasites that too will cause lack of appetite -- the poops will give you a hint of that
He has eaten his greens before so maybe I do need to change things up a bit for him . And you're right, maybe he has slowed down too. I do not know his weight at all. Thankfully, I am taking him to the vet today to see what's wrong with him! Cant wait for an answer and hopefully it's nothing serious going on with the little guy!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has eaten his greens before so maybe I do need to change things up a bit for him . And you're right, maybe he has slowed down too. I do not know his weight at all. Thankfully, I am taking him to the vet today to see what's wrong with him! Cant wait for an answer and hopefully it's nothing serious going on with the little guy!
You can weigh on a kitchen food scale -- weigh in grams -- a good weight for a adult dragon is 300+ grams

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon

Attachments

• 894916C9-0937-4B3A-93F1-BC1419EC49D9.jpeg
    894916C9-0937-4B3A-93F1-BC1419EC49D9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
You are correct at 11 months their diet should be 80% veggies and 20% animal protein. Have you tried sprinkling a lil bee pollen on the veggies to get him to eat them

Latest posts