• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby spaces out?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's a shame when the employees don't really put customers first. Home Depot never really cut tiles. Instead, they recommended tile cutters for the customer and they charge extra cuts of wood. I've had wood cut for a project and each piece had to be a certain length. They cut two of the lengths wrong and sold me a heavy piece of wood for a shadow box that should've been lightweight. It seems that if you're going to hang this shadow box on the wall, you can't. :( I was thinking of making a shadow box for my Dad's American Flag to honor him since he was an Ex-Marine and my Grandfather was also in the military, but don't really know what branch. I've got two American flags and a box of my Dad's ashes. And you know what really makes me mad is that my ex-grandmother didn't want his flag as a wife of a veteran should have and not even their daughter. I took the flag in honor of him. At least I've got a lot of respect for people.

I really wish those employees, though, were respectful towards their customers because we're actually responsible for their paychecks. Without us, they wouldn't make a cent. :) Just like authors who write, without them, we wouldn't read and picture what they had in mind. :) So when that employee doesn't do their job, they're losing the company money. (I used to work for Walmart as a cashier and whenever I worked, my lines were the longest. No one else's were long like mine. I guess it's my speed, my smile, and happy demeanor that made the customers on my line feel welcome and they kept returning to my line. They often told me they came because of me. But when I had to move, each customer was sad to see me go and claimed they weren't coming back to Walmart. I felt so bad because I tried to find a place where I worked. I ended up farther than intended, but things always worked differently. I was up for a promotion and one of the managers had me in a bind-like a rock and a hard place. I ended up quitting because of that stupid manager. I worked there for 7 years.)

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Oh Noella, that must have made you feel so good about yourself that so many people were coming to see you! Everybody who works with the public should be just like you! This may sound corny, but I definitely feel so much better when the people I go to at stores smile at me and if they can't at least help me their very respectful to me. Even a smile from a stranger will make me feel happy and that is why I smile at strangers on the street because I know it can really change someones day. My Dad recently passed away on December 1st very suddenly, and I must say that the smiles I have gotten from people that I know and also don't know make me feel much more peaceful at happy with life. It's infuriating when I walk into a store and get a bad vibe because the people who work there don't have the decency to at least try to help you and if they can't tell you where you can get help. This guy was just a total jerk and was so unwilling to help me it was unbelieveable. When I went to Home Depot however, they were especially nice to me and there were people all around to ask questions and not one of them looked down at me or was rude to me which made me feel much better. That is sad you had to quit your job because of your managers, especially when you worked there for 7 years. It saddens me that life is so short and some people just don't seem to understand that or they just don't care. Kindness spreads like a wild fire, and I wish more people realized that!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
People here don't really smile at anyone and they look at you like you've grown a second head. It makes me wonder what's possessing them not to smile. A person's smile's supposed to make someone else feel better. My mom always told me that if you smile, the world smiles with you. You cry, you cry alone.

Latest posts