• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie Fell

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh me to I swapped Diegos sand for tile so its easier to clean n he gets baths usually twice a week so hes clean ;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie's tank's pretty cleaned every day when she goes in it. Now, she bathes in the bathroom sink and goes in there with her regular water therapy sessions. She didn't move much today when she was in there. She was sitting there and started to lift her head more. I noticed that she can't move her head a certain way to straighten it. I massaged an area with my finger and she straightened her head out just for a little bit. I don't know if that helped any. She ate her pureed vegetables and added calcium again and she ate it off a baby food spoon. She's doing good and lifting her head for a bit or two. She's still sore I'm reckoning. I wish I could take her pain away. But I'm low on money to buy any inflammation remedies. So I figured a warm compress will always help.

Allie's kissed every day on her beard and her head. Even on her belly. I keep her clean as well.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw well im glad she pikin up a bit n just keep doin wot ur doin even a slight improvment every day is betta than not at all or her gettin worse so ur doin something rite ;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She climbed on up on a basking hide for the first time.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw well im glad she pikin up a bit n just keep doin wot ur doin even a slight improvment every day is betta than not at all or her gettin worse so ur doin something rite ;)

She's still pooping regularly so that's a good thing and there's no blood in her mouth. So that's a good sign, I guess. She hasn't eaten any of her greens, so I'm having to baby her to eat.

I always figure the lifting her head on her own's a good thing.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh I wud 2 just keep feedin her wot eva she will eat n like I sed tey sum mini meal worms they nice n fayltty n she dnt uave 2 chace tyem :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got some waxworms to give to her and some live crickets. I've been handfeeding her those. Don't tell me she doesn't have strength in them jaws. She bit me once when I was handfeeding her.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
After eating some baby food and water, she decided to go stretch out her neck and climb on the couch. She looked out the window and drifted to sleep. What I've noticed is that whenever she wants to come out, she gets these bursts of energy. She climbs up the glass to come out. So she comes out, crawls over me and sometimes rests. She crawls out very slowly right now while on me..

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie has lifted her head for about 5-10 minutes today after her warm water soak/ bath. She poo'd in the sink and swam around in the warm water thereafter cleaning it. She then climbed out and that was it. She moved her legs to swim and enjoyed herself. She's eaten some solids with my help. She had an incident in her tank this morning with her basking hide. I had to remove it because she was lying on her side. So the tank's completely bare. I'm feeling sorry for her because she wants all of her decorations, but I'm wanting her to be safe. I feel a lot better now that she's basking under her lights. Take each day one at a time. She was curled up under blankets this morning when I woke her up. I know she was stiff and wouldn't move until I put her in the soaking bath. She straightened up in the bath.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She straightens in bed when she sleeps now too. So that's a good thing too. She still gets sore and stiff without water treatments. She really wakes up then. Today, she just lay there and soaked.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today: Active dragon, small poop today. She's needing to eat more solids but trying to get her to eat is difficult. She still requires TLC. But she's lifted her head in the bath all the way, and had her head perked up today, looking around, and waiting for me to wake up. Whenever I take her out, she'll start laying her head down and walking around pitiful. (Do you think she's putting on an act when she comes out? I have no clue. I'm fine with her doing that. She's starting to fight syringe feeding greens.) She even glass danced, waving an arm at her own reflection.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's shown greater improvement today than yesterday. Today, she started to move around with her head up-good sign and wanted to bask. She's basking on a modified basking spot. Blankets, shirts, and sweatpants. I'm so proud of her. She was stuck in a situation and I started to talk to her. She placed one leg that was underneath her out and pulled herself up and around. She climbed up the perch and plopped herself down. Today, I'm going to add a log along with the modified basking spot. I want to see if she can climb that.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More good news:

Allie's a tough girl all right. She's pulling through. I really thought she would die and not live. She's showing signs of moving around and pulling herself up over things. Climbing and she righted herself today. By herself without much help. She now has a soft, modified basking spot and lays around on it. I got her a small ramp bridge that's flexible and is used as a low basking spot. She's looking happier now that she can climb on things and she gets into small situations that she can get out of. It's just a matter of time and thinking about it for her. She knows what she has to do to get out of the situations, it's just a matter of doing it. She slept really good last night, and had a modified bed too to keep her close to her CHE at night.

Latest posts