• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie Fell

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yesterday, Allie fell off my bed and landed on her back. She was very lethargic and not moving when I walked around. I let her rest in her tank, and she was resting all day. I started to blow air into her mouth and she started to wake up and come around. She started walking and looking around. She can't pick up her head much.

Today, she had water therapy and a compress. She twitched her leg and laid there, in the warm water til she pooped. She's pooping regularly, but not eating much except for smashed peas. Please pray for her. I don't have the money to get x-rays and other things for her.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've been feeding her waxworms and she had a large cricket.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh Noella, I'm so sorry. Does she let you touch her legs at all? I would think if something was broken she wouldn't let you touch her. She may just be sore. The warm water treatments sound like a good idea and maybe wrap her in a warm blanket or something.

That little girl has been through so much, she's a fighter!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh Noella, I'm so sorry. Does she let you touch her legs at all? I would think if something was broken she wouldn't let you touch her. She may just be sore. The warm water treatments sound like a good idea and maybe wrap her in a warm blanket or something.

That little girl has been through so much, she's a fighter!

She lets me touch all her legs and move them. She even moves them and walks around. I've removed all of her house furniture because she can't flip over yet. No strength and I've fed her some green peas, corn, carrots, fresh water for nourishment. I've got her up in her tank. I told her to rest and not do anything and so far, she hasn't really moved. She moved all around this morning. I just keep crying and can't stop.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw the poorbtging I feel so sorry 4 u. Id advise lots of warm bath as u sed an maybe feed her meal worms for a week or so she wnt have to chase them dwn and they quite fatty aswel. Hope all goes well keep us posted.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Noella I've got you and Allie in my thoughts. I'm sure she'll have a full recovery. Don't be too hard on yourself as there's only so much you could've done. She'll pull through this. Just be patient and give her all the love you can! :)
*prayers for allie!* :bd:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is she still on her back?
No. She's on her belly. Here's what I did today. I fed her a mixture of baby food that was watery, thick, and water. She drank a lot of water, and ate a lot of baby food. Turkey and turkey broth. She swallows it without me prompting her to do so now. Yesterday, she held everything in her pouch and I had to rub her pouch.

She's moved her head right and left. But she's slow in her motions now. She's lifted her head for a good 15-30 seconds and then went to lay down.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw the poorbtging I feel so sorry 4 u. Id advise lots of warm bath as u sed an maybe feed her meal worms for a week or so she wnt have to chase them dwn and they quite fatty aswel. Hope all goes well keep us posted.

Thank you. She's had a warm bath this morning and went to the bathroom. Her back leg twitched in the bath and I put a warm compress on her back. Seemed to make her feel so good.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Noella I've got you and Allie in my thoughts. I'm sure she'll have a full recovery. Don't be too hard on yourself as there's only so much you could've done. She'll pull through this. Just be patient and give her all the love you can! :)
*prayers for allie!* :bd:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure she will make a full recovery. The girl's moving her head right and left gingerly.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Good to hear she isn't on her back! Read somewhere that they can't breath if they are on their back (not sure if that is correct). Anyway, sounds like she just got the wind knocked out of her. Give her lots of kisses!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try to mix some calcium into her food (baby food, peas what have you) it will help her bones feel better. Hope she heals quick!

Got calcium and mixed it with her food and even gave her some mixed in with water.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good to hear she isn't on her back! Read somewhere that they can't breath if they are on their back (not sure if that is correct). Anyway, sounds like she just got the wind knocked out of her. Give her lots of kisses!

She's pretending to sleep now. :D

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! Dexter is pretending to sleep too right now too! She's laying on my chest as I type, out of her tank WAY after bedtime. She sends Allie her love and wishes for a speedy recovery :bd:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. I have her in her bed. I don't want her to sleep on me until she's better.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Just a quick thought sum 1 has put give her loadsa kisses n I will admit that ive kissed Diego loads but I was in the newspaper a few days ago 4 ppl in scotland had been rushed to hospital with saminela poisining off kissin there beardies. Its kinda put me iff kissin him a bit altho I had 2 admit I still have since I read it. :)

Hope ur little 1 feelin betta to day like I sed planty of rest dnt make her move if she dnt want n just likr any one else nice soothing words make u feel betta wen u hurt ur self. :) keep us posted x

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just a quick thought sum 1 has put give her loadsa kisses n I will admit that ive kissed Diego loads but I was in the newspaper a few days ago 4 ppl in scotland had been rushed to hospital with saminela poisining off kissin there beardies. Its kinda put me iff kissin him a bit altho I had 2 admit I still have since I read it. :)

Hope ur little 1 feelin betta to day like I sed planty of rest dnt make her move if she dnt want n just likr any one else nice soothing words make u feel betta wen u hurt ur self. :) keep us posted x

I've read stories about that too. I feel that if you practice good husbandry skills it's should be fine once in awhile :) Dexter as I'm sure Allie too is bathed regularly and her tank is kept clean at all times, mostly because she's not in it much LOL!

Latest posts