• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie Fell

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never heard of reactions to it. It says to give it to them for 10 days but can be given longer under certain circumstances. I'm so mad right now, I just read that it says to keep refrigerated after opening, do you have yours in the fridge? One page says keep at or below room temperature and then if you read to the end it says that it should be refrigerated once the two bottles have been mixed. I can't believe I didn't read that before.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Two bottles mixed? I only got one bottle.

I keep it in the fridge. Except last night, I had it in a cooler with ice. Bad tornadoes and storms all night long.

I'm going to give Allie a break this morning and give her an evening dose. I'm beginning to think maybe twice a day as per instructions are too much for her right now. She's still gaping and gulping, but not as much as she has been, like yesterday. She turned dark when she couldn't go poo this afternoon. She had it stuck to her vent. Poor girl. I took a paper towel and took it out.

And my TV's gone off from the weather channel.

I also found some shed ease from zoo-med and see if that'll help her shed the skin...it looks like it's getting ready to shed so I did that.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine isn't Reptaid XL, It's just regular Reptaid I guess. Doesn't matter anymore since I have to replace it. These storms this week are something else! We've been lucky that we haven't been hit just got a few rain showers. I hope you and your family are keeping safe.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine isn't Reptaid XL, It's just regular Reptaid I guess. Doesn't matter anymore since I have to replace it. These storms this week are something else! We've been lucky that we haven't been hit just got a few rain showers. I hope you and your family are keeping safe.

Sorry to hear about having to replace it. I'll give her a dose tonight before bed.

We're going to have round 2 this evening. We're all exhausted from it. Allie was up all night long too. She kept waking up and crawling on up on my hand from her carrier. Poor girl was so afraid.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok. Bloody mucous came out of her glottis. It just flowed out without any struggle. I took it out with several q-tips.

Tell me if that's normal or not?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm not a vet and I'm new to this whole bearded dragon keeping myself but I don't think it sound good :( Anytime blood is mixed in with anything that's not a good sign.

How is she this morning?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's still alive and still with me.

I know it's not a good thing and I'm seeing a very tired Allie. I'm going to try soft cooked greens this morning and see if she'll eat them. I wrote a vet last night. I stayed up all night with her again.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm so sorry. I am crying over here. Whatever happens you have to realize that you gave her a good life. You rescued her and you saved her when other people would have given up. She knows this and she loves you for this. Stay strong, you both are in my thoughts.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She ate some soft greens and then perked up quickly. She started running to the couch. I put her upstairs in her tank and thought she'd bask, but she's looking around and walking. Looking at the get well flowers too. I cut them this morning while she was half awake.

I've been crying all night long off and on. She fell asleep on me and stayed with me until 5 AM. I put her into her bed and she's been warm all night long with her CHE.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok. Spoke to Elliot this morning and he said to up her dose to .12ml and see if that helps. She has been trying to show that she's strong.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
She is stronge very stronge. Shes in my heart and i hope more than anything she ok. You too hace bin through so much and she has been doin so well lately. Like ive been tellin u all along keep a posative mental attitude.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is stronge very stronge. Shes in my heart and i hope more than anything she ok. You too hace bin through so much and she has been doin so well lately. Like ive been tellin u all along keep a posative mental attitude.

I prayed to St Francis and God today for her health and strength. So far, with the upped dose of Reptaid XL of .12ml, she has started to bask, run around, and not be so lethargic. She is tired though whenever she comes out, she'll lay around on me with her eyes closed. I'm hopeful and strong for her.

Love to you both

Thank you.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: I suppose this would be great news. Here's a note: I gave Allie half soft greens and half solid greens tonight. She ate hungrily so the appetite's returning. After eating, she urated on me. The urate was yellow and soft. Not hard.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Update: I suppose this would be great news. Here's a note: I gave Allie half soft greens and half solid greens tonight. She ate hungrily so the appetite's returning. After eating, she urated on me. The urate was yellow and soft. Not hard.
Thats great news she will b bak to her usual self b4 u know it she a fighter she is she got the courage of a lion ;) poor little girl she in my thoughts constanly and my heart x how is she with her live food is she still not havin any?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She had three Phoenix worms that are growing. She doesn't have any crickets. She lost interest in them so I'm going to go the worm route for now and I called a vet to see if they could see her tomorrow. Tomorrow because I get paid. I would see them today, but the funds are empty in her fundraiser. As a last ditch effort, I bought Reptaid XL. Most vets charge 150.00 to see the animal or reptile visit and charge extra for examination, tests, medicines, and so forth. I also left a message explaining what goes on whenever I take Allie to her vet, she gets sick or sicker. It's like they're not clean or something's wrong. All I ever do is get a full reptile examine and have her fecals tested. I guess I should take her fecals from here on out and don't see a vet. Actually, I also take her in to be weighed. But this time, I didn't.

No discharge from her glottis last night. I don't know if that's a good thing. I was awfully tired last night and went to bed early. She too. I patted her back lightly and nothing came up. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I suppose her lungs are clearing out.

Tomorrow: I intend to get a higher watt CHE for nighttime use. I've been having to use a handwarmer and che to keep her warm. It's working a little bit.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's now: "I don't want to bask, but I have to. Mommy says I'm too cold so I went ahead and got on my log and I'm basking now."

I left her a pile of greens in her tank. She seems ok now.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I went upstairs to check on Allie. I check on her every hour or so.

Anyway, I'm so proud of her. Look what I found her doing today:

This is her risky basking log. The one she falls off of all the time. Today: I noticed her slowly climbing up it. She hasn't reached the top of it, but this is a great start and an improvement! WAY TO GO ALLIE!
allie.jpg
slow progress.jpg
slow progress.jpg
slow progress.jpg

Latest posts