• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A history lesson

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I believe I can get a pic of the last hybrid we hatched. I've got to check files on different computers to locate the very firt hatchling picture.

One thing i have noticed about the natural intergrade (occured in the wild where territory overlaps) that i have seen is the retainment of the lateral pronounced tuberous scaling on the base of the tail,

yes, in the babies produced from these crosses, these scales were distinguishable within a couple weeks of hatching. Very different from the P. V. They also showed a darker coloration.

I searched the UK for the barbata. Those that were there (that i could locate) were all crosses from one or the other. It was rumored that there was a P. barbata x Rankins created and i searched for that hoping to trace it back to the barbata..........but no luck.

Latest posts