• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a double check

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would think after an hour or so it should be heated up.

It is recommended to have babies basking areas between 105 and 110F. However, there are some out there who like it warmer and get up to 120F that I know of.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep up the great job. I know it's alot of work, but soon you'll be able to just enjoy and not worry.

AlicesArk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
Keep up the great job. I know it's alot of work, but soon you'll be able to just enjoy and not worry.

Getting there! And thanks :)

Renee said:
I would think after an hour or so it should be heated up.

It is recommended to have babies basking areas between 105 and 110F. However, there are some out there who like it warmer and get up to 120F that I know of.

Okay so I'm pretty sure we're going to get up to around 105 at least, unfortunately I work during the day and I can't be home to monitor it.

I'm gonna feel so good once we're all up and running properly :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You will be there in no time! I know I was overwhelmed when we first brought Bernie home. Everything you read is do this or they will DIE. Or don't do that or they will DIE. But once you muddle through it all and get things normalized, it will be like second nature for you.

I don't know your work schedule, but the weekend is almost here. You can monitor it then to give you peace of mind. Just keep in mind that over monitoring the temps can cause you to go bonkers. :D

AlicesArk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
You will be there in no time! I know I was overwhelmed when we first brought Bernie home. Everything you read is do this or they will DIE. Or don't do that or they will DIE. But once you muddle through it all and get things normalized, it will be like second nature for you.

I don't know your work schedule, but the weekend is almost here. You can monitor it then to give you peace of mind. Just keep in mind that over monitoring the temps can cause you to go bonkers. :D

haha I totally know what you mean.

I get the long weekend so it'll be nice tomorrow being able to see how quick things heat up, and if there's any fluctuation and to make sure my thermometers are working properly.

N:D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear it! Happy dragons make happy slaves! :D

Latest posts