• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

120gallon 330$???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brands to DEFINITELY ADVOID buying are as follows :
Nomoy Pet
Zilla
All Living Things
Reptile-One
URS
CrawlMiracle
Nat Geo
Sparkzoo reptispar
Repti-Zoo

All of which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors and next to no quality control or no meaningful quality control ==> very poor UV spectrum produced including UVC and bad parts of the UVB band --- these will harm your pet.ura
Also to note it is best to stay away from bulbs w/ CFL's --

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
I personally know that Sadie gives out good info about lights. I thank her very much for that because FROM EXPERIENCE i used an Exo terra MVB, which is a pretty popular brand. I noticed my baby beardie going downhill. Very lethargic always closing one eye then the other. Sadie helped me get the right lights and bam. Now my beardie explores and is always moving when I come to check on her, and her eyes are fine now. So please stop attacking her she gives out good advice and without her help, i have no idea what state my beardie would be in. Also many sites say the Reptisun or Arcadia bulb is the best, so she says what is the best because who wouldn't want the best for their beardies? Yes there are other UVB that may give out the right amount of UVB. But reptisun or arcadia is the best so she is just trying to help.

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
Brands to DEFINITELY ADVOID buying are as follows :
Nomoy Pet
Zilla
All Living Things
Reptile-One
URS
CrawlMiracle
Nat Geo
Sparkzoo reptispar
Repti-Zoo

All of which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors and next to no quality control or no meaningful quality control ==> very poor UV spectrum produced including UVC and bad parts of the UVB band --- these will harm your pet.ura
Also to note it is best to stay away from bulbs w/ CFL's --
I think you missed the most critical part of the list, which is the evidence. You have many claims just like this list, but they are not attached to evidence. The list means nothing without the evidence on how it was created.

You've not even included links to the anecdotal evidence. And where is that forum you said where several people used mycomfypet MVB then had issues which were resolved after changing the lights?

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I personally know that Sadie gives out good info about lights. I thank her very much for that because FROM EXPERIENCE i used an Exo terra MVB, which is a pretty popular brand. I noticed my baby beardie going downhill. Very lethargic always closing one eye then the other. Sadie helped me get the right lights and bam. Now my beardie explores and is always moving when I come to check on her, and her eyes are fine now. So please stop attacking her she gives out good advice and without her help, i have no idea what state my beardie would be in. Also many sites say the Reptisun or Arcadia bulb is the best, so she says what is the best because who wouldn't want the best for their beardies? Yes there are other UVB that may give out the right amount of UVB. But reptisun or arcadia is the best so she is just trying to help.
A broken clock is right 2 times a day. She certainly didn't help the person asking for the gender on his beardie, and she didn't help the person asking what a free jar of BSFL are. She gave them the wrong information. She didn't help me either when she told me that freeze-drying takes out the nutrients and then had to backtrack when challenged to admit that only water is lost. So count yourself lucky but your luck does not make her a helpful person despite how hard she tries.

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
And by the way, just because Reptisun and Arcadia work and she says they're the best does not make them the best. I've commonly heard that Mega Ray and T-Rex are the best. But without actual testing and data, we don't know. And that's exactly how unfounded rumors get started. Sadie tells you X and Y are the best simply because they work for her, and then you tell your friends, then in your small circle, everyone assumes it's God-given truth that X and Y are the best just because people are repeating each other when actually Z or A could be better. Rumors starting in a cult-like fashion without real data is a danger to all. So if you wanted to be helpful, I'd recommend that you tell people that Reptisun and Arcadia work for you, rather than saying that they are the best, because you really don't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts