• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

120gallon 330$???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So my beardy has started to glass surf and attack her bulbs, bulbs are top quality and brand new so i know its not them,.... could it be anything else?
7FEB303F-210B-4D9E-9093-B069FA57ED1F.jpeg
:( i have her in a 40gallon breeder shes been in there for a year now with absolutely no changes and has never had a problem I stupidly thought i was going to be able to get away with it , the thing that stumps me is shes super small , she doesn’t even take up 1/5 of her current tank I understand it’ll only do good for her to get a bigger enclosure, she gets full roam of the house and our outside linia area( Florida ) the only other thing i can think of is she just has gotten spoiled and doesn’t want to be in her enclosure,.... but now im here,......Is this the best price i can get? I dont want to buy used,.......ty for all ur input
ADCFA22A-3116-4378-A6E2-9C10BDC19F74.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my beardy has started to glass surf and attack her bulbs, bulbs are top quality and brand new so i know its not them,.... could it be anything else? View attachment 25821 :( i have her in a 40gallon breeder shes been in there for a year now with absolutely no changes and has never had a problem I stupidly thought i was going to be able to get away with it , the thing that stumps me is shes super small , she doesn’t even take up 1/5 of her current tank I understand it’ll only do good for her to get a bigger enclosure, she gets full roam of the house and our outside linia area( Florida ) the only other thing i can think of is she just has gotten spoiled and doesn’t want to be in her enclosure,.... but now im here,......Is this the best price i can get? I dont want to buy used,.......ty for all ur input
View attachment 25820
Zens are great tanks -- I own two of them --- are you sure its not the lighting? It could be spring fever-- they get real restless around this time of the year --- my 3 yr old does it this time every year drives me crazy--- to be sure what are you using for a UVB ? NO coils ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Zens are great tanks -- I own two of them --- are you sure its not the lighting? It could be spring fever-- they get real restless around this time of the year --- my 3 yr old does it this time every year drives me crazy--- to be sure what are you using for a UVB ? NO coils ---
Thats good to know, im 100% positive it’s not the lighting ,i have the right temps, the correct distance, i have chicken wire screen top with big holes,... ive been using these brands bulbs for atleast 9 months now (I change mine every 4 months) its a new behavior from her, shes been doin it on and off for the past 4 days and its stressing me more than she’s probably stressed.....i use the bulbs you recommend, i dont have the box for the bar uvb and i cant think of it off the top of my head, I apologize (The hood has a reflector and all the proper whoseit whatsits) , i have an additional mvb(that might be the weird lighting ur seeing , I’ll change out her mvb to a regular basking bulb and see if she changes her attitude , its not cause she’s getting to much uvb, she has a big hide and i leave off her bar light when she goes back in her tank after a day of exploring, I didn’t think about the weather :/ that might be it, i think im still gonna have to go larger with my enclosure so she cant bonk her head :( she usually just scratches the side wall of her enclosure where my doorway is, then someone will come let her out , but now out of nowhere she starts acting crazy, surfing and trying to go straight at her ceiling (the crazy isnt new lol,...she’ll run around then poop and be calm the rest of the day)
BB955083-AE48-49C3-966B-9544BF15C50E.jpeg
04AC43AA-0160-4A90-96F0-2DAA030B61DD.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thats good to know, im 100% positive it’s not the lighting ,i have the right temps, the correct distance, i have chicken wire screen top with big holes,... ive been using these brands bulbs for atleast 9 months now (I change mine every 4 months) its a new behavior from her, shes been doin it on and off for the past 4 days and its stressing me more than she’s probably stressed.....i use the bulbs you recommend, i dont have the box for the bar uvb and i cant think of it off the top of my head, I apologize (The hood has a reflector and all the proper whoseit whatsits) , i have an additional mvb(that might be the weird lighting ur seeing , I’ll change out her mvb to a regular basking bulb and see if she changes her attitude , its not cause she’s getting to much uvb, she has a big hide and i leave off her bar light when she goes back in her tank after a day of exploring, I didn’t think about the weather :/ that might be it, i think im still gonna have to go larger with my enclosure so she cant bonk her head :( she usually just scratches the side wall of her enclosure where my doorway is, then someone will come let her out , but now out of nowhere she starts acting crazy, surfing and trying to go straight at her ceiling (the crazy isnt new lol,...she’ll run around then poop and be calm the rest of the day) View attachment 25822View attachment 25823
It's the mvb-- please get rid of it - change it out for a regular bright white basking bulb--- your uvb is a T 8 or T 5? Distance and placement is different between the two bulbs which one are you using?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's the mvb-- please get rid of it - change it out for a regular bright white basking bulb--- your uvb is a T 8 or T 5? Distance and placement is different between the two bulbs which one are you using?
Its out , are they considered bad? :( man good information is so hard to find, thats one of the reasons I joined this forum , a regular basking is in, im useing the smaller diameter bulb,... i cant remember which is which (theres alot of mumbo jumbo letters and numbers with bulbs okay gimme a break) I didn’t do well in school when they started adding letters into math......., her terrain in her tank varries, at the high spot its 9 inches (cool side where the hide is) in the middle her tank dips its 15’ and where her basking starts its 11’, her basking area is 12’, these can all be easily adjusted if u think I should tweak them..

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its out , are they considered bad? :( man good information is so hard to find, thats one of the reasons I joined this forum , a regular basking is in, im useing the smaller diameter bulb,... i cant remember which is which (theres alot of mumbo jumbo letters and numbers with bulbs okay gimme a break) I didn’t do well in school when they started adding letters into math......., her terrain in her tank varries, at the high spot its 9 inches (cool side where the hide is) in the middle her tank dips its 15’ and where her basking starts its 11’, her basking area is 12’, these can all be easily adjusted if u think I should tweak them..
Look on your bulb look for brand like Reptisun and look for T 5 or T 8 on it- if you can't find it take a pic of the writing please

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Look on your bulb look for brand like Reptisun and look for T 5 or T 8 on it- if you can't find it take a pic of the writing please
T8 , and it is a 10.0 reptisun, are these basking bulbs bad aswell? Should i just put in a house hold bulb at this point?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
T8 , and it is a 10.0 reptisun, are these basking bulbs bad aswell? Should i just put in a house hold bulb at this point?
No your basking bulbs are good as long as they are keeping temps-- however you need to upgrade your UVB to a T 5 for a tank your size you need the T 5-- the T 8 is not as strong and you need to have distance 6-8 inches for that bulb which is not optimal.the T 5 will need to go into the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches w/ basking decor directly underneath in the mean time get your T 8 inside and get it to the 6-8 inches till you get the T 5 -- I have some stuff you can get from home depot that works really good I will.post the link I use it in my tanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No your basking bulbs are good as long as they are keeping temps-- however you need to upgrade your UVB to a T 5 for a tank your size you need the T 5-- the T 8 is not as strong and you need to have distance 6-8 inches for that bulb which is not optimal.the T 5 will need to go into the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches w/ basking decor directly underneath in the mean time get your T 8 inside and get it to the 6-8 inches till you get the T 5 -- I have some stuff you can get from home depot that works really good I will.post the link I use it in my tanks

Cut this in strips and then wrap around the fixture --- it works really good

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 12

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
Thats good to know, im 100% positive it’s not the lighting ,i have the right temps, the correct distance, i have chicken wire screen top with big holes,... ive been using these brands bulbs for atleast 9 months now (I change mine every 4 months) its a new behavior from her, shes been doin it on and off for the past 4 days and its stressing me more than she’s probably stressed.....i use the bulbs you recommend, i dont have the box for the bar uvb and i cant think of it off the top of my head, I apologize (The hood has a reflector and all the proper whoseit whatsits) , i have an additional mvb(that might be the weird lighting ur seeing , I’ll change out her mvb to a regular basking bulb and see if she changes her attitude , its not cause she’s getting to much uvb, she has a big hide and i leave off her bar light when she goes back in her tank after a day of exploring, I didn’t think about the weather :/ that might be it, i think im still gonna have to go larger with my enclosure so she cant bonk her head :( she usually just scratches the side wall of her enclosure where my doorway is, then someone will come let her out , but now out of nowhere she starts acting crazy, surfing and trying to go straight at her ceiling (the crazy isnt new lol,...she’ll run around then poop and be calm the rest of the day) View attachment 25822View attachment 25823
Man, if you've been using this type of bulb for 9 months now and this is a new development in her behavior, it's not the bulb's fault (except on the off chance that there is a manufacturing defect with your current one). Sadie's basically telling people if their light set up isn't exactly like hers, then it's wrong and it's what's causing any issue they come across. Plenty of people use MVBs like the one you have for the sole source of lighting as they are intended to be. My girlfriend raised her beardie from a hatchling to an adult with this type of lighting (although not from the same company you're using, but also not from a big name brand.) If a person doesn't sound scientific and instead insists on things without knowing why or where the data came from, don't trust this person, especially when it comes to throwing out expensive equipment. S/he's just a rumor mine.

To be clear, I don't know if your current brand of MVB is good but if you've been using it for 9 months without seeing any signs of MBD, there is nothing that says you should throw it away. And I'm fairly certain that Sadie has no scientific evidence for why it should be discarded either other than that she's not familiar with it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Man, if you've been using this type of bulb for 9 months now and this is a new development in her behavior, it's not the bulb's fault (except on the off chance that there is a manufacturing defect with your current one). Sadie's basically telling people if their light set up isn't exactly like hers, then it's wrong and it's what's causing any issue they come across. Plenty of people use MVBs like the one you have for the sole source of lighting as they are intended to be. My girlfriend raised her beardie from a hatchling to an adult with this type of lighting (although not from the same company you're using, but also not from a big name brand.) If a person doesn't sound scientific and instead insists on things without knowing why or where the data came from, don't trust this person, especially when it comes to throwing out expensive equipment. S/he's just a rumor mine.

To be clear, I don't know if your current brand of MVB is good but if you've been using it for 9 months without seeing any signs of MBD, there is nothing that says you should throw it away. And I'm fairly certain that Sadie has no scientific evidence for why it should be discarded either other than that she's not familiar with it.
My beardie doesn’t have any signs of mbd, thank goodness.....i have used different mvb’s in the past this is the current edition one i have , her supplements are all brand new and i pingpong between 3 different ones so shes not getting overloaded with any one, I understand everybody has their own lighting and there’s a certain standard, im trying to get my lighting right (if theres an error) and im just trying to figure out this behavior from my poor girl.

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie doesn’t have any signs of mbd, thank goodness.....i have used different mvb’s in the past this is the current edition one i have , her supplements are all brand new and i pingpong between 3 different ones so shes not getting overloaded with any one, I understand everybody has their own lighting and there’s a certain standard, im trying to get my lighting right (if theres an error) and im just trying to figure out this behavior from my poor girl.
I think you should relax. Beardies are pretty hardy animals. If you've found an MVB and it kept your beardie healthy for 9 months, why change it? You're more likely to accidentally change to something that doesn't work. Don't freak out about the supplements either. Most likely any multivitamin will do. I know people who don't use them and I know someone who raised a beardie from hatchling to big bright adult on only calcium dusted superworms, celtuce leaves, and an off brand MVB, which she did not change until it went out. Don't overthink it; raising a beardie doesn't have to be crazy complicated.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I posted the pic for her to see the strips not the tank itself ----- Blaze has been in this tank since he was 3 months old -- the only thing that has changed is the bulbs and some of the decor -- the off brand MVB she was using is not a very good brand I have known people that have used them and have ahd all kinds of issues w/ it --- I post and recommend what I know works and what hasnt or doesnt work-- she needs to pull the bulb and find out if the behavior changes --- I am not trying to get people to use what I use exactly she came her for help to find out what was going on w/ her dragon and I stepped in to help --- if she wants to stay w/ a MVB then she needs to either do research or ask what other recommend ---- there are alot of cheap Chinese made bulbs out there that are NO good --- off brand are usually those --- if your letting MVB's go out that is not good --- they lose their strength after time and quit giving out UVB rays ---- same w/ the UVB bulbs

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I posted the pic for her to see the strips not the tank itself ----- Blaze has been in this tank since he was 3 months old -- the only thing that has changed is the bulbs and some of the decor -- the off brand MVB she was using is not a very good brand I have known people that have used them and have ahd all kinds of issues w/ it --- I post and recommend what I know works and what hasnt or doesnt work-- she needs to pull the bulb and find out if the behavior changes --- I am not trying to get people to use what I use exactly she came her for help to find out what was going on w/ her dragon and I stepped in to help --- if she wants to stay w/ a MVB then she needs to either do research or ask what other recommend ---- there are alot of cheap Chinese made bulbs out there that are NO good --- off brand are usually those --- if your letting MVB's go out that is not good --- they lose their strength after time and quit giving out UVB rays ---- same w/ the UVB bulbs
Really, you know people who use Mycomfypets and have all sorts of problems? Interesting claim for such a rare brand. I just looked it up on Amazon and it has 83% positive (4-5 star) reviews. I know you like to "help" but just like before, giving people information that you do not know is correct and having them replace expensive equipment for it is not helping. No matter what the issue is, you recommend the person change the lighting to what you're running and throw out whatever they spent money on just because you personally don't have experience with it. That advice is about as useful as a broken clock.

If you want to accuse certain brands of bulbs for being cheap or no good, then you should list the brands and the evidence that led to such a conclusion because I use a cheap Chinese MVB and it is good, both by my own experience and from reviews with some people saying they have verified the UVB output by Solarmeter.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really, you know people who use Mycomfypets and have all sorts of problems? Interesting claim for such a rare brand. I just looked it up on Amazon and it has 83% positive (4-5 star) reviews. I know you like to "help" but just like before, giving people information that you do not know is correct and having them replace expensive equipment for it is not helping.

If you want to accuse certain brands of bulbs for being cheap or no good, then you should list them and the evidence that led to such a conclusion because I use a cheap Chinese MVB and it is good, both by my own experience and from reviews with some people saying they have verified the UVB output by Solarmeter.
I will put a list up tomorrow- I am tired of defending myself to you- on another forum there several people that came there for help and were using that bulb - so it was from their experience and changing it out that the dragons started improving- dragons will hide their illness for as long as they can till they can no longer sometimes by then it's too late-- you get what you pay for

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I will put a list up tomorrow- I am tired of defending myself to you- on another forum there several people that came there for help and were using that bulb - so it was from their experience and changing it out that the dragons started improving- dragons will hide their illness for as long as they can till they can no longer sometimes by then it's too late-- you get what you pay for
Sure, show it to me. And do add where you saw so many people using this one off-brand bulb, It will be a good learning experience.

By the way, you're not defending yourself to me; you're defending your own recommendations from questions, which any person should be happy to do unless s/he was just regurgitating things s/he does not understand. And quite frankly, after all the mistakes you made here, sexing beardies, identifying BSFL, evaluating the nutrition of freeze-dried food, and even discussing lighting, you should expect mountains of scrutiny and happily use them to learn. The manner in which you consistently give incorrect advice is so dangerous on this forum to rookies that the mods should put a disclaimer as your signature "Warning: This member is known to confidently and enthusiastically give incorrect advice even on basic things."

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
And yeah, while lizards can hide their illnesses, it doesn't mean you can start making up illnesses for apparently healthy lizards either. By the way, "You get what you pay for" is something that people say when they can't be bothered to think or experiment. Who needs advice when the universal advice is just "Get the most expensive everything"? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts