• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's up everyone?

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Well everyone, things are going great so far! My temps are perfect, she seems to be really enjoying her enclosure, but she has been left alone most of the day. I noticed earlier she is in shed on her legs, then when I went in to feed her for the first time most of the skin has been dropped now. I gutloaded the crix this morning with mustard greens, and squash. I put about 15 of them in her enclosure a little while ago and she wasted no time at all gobbling all of them up! It was so fun to watch! :D

I ended up getting her silkworms from mulberry farms about an hour ago, so I am going to feed her some of those later and see what she thinks abut them. I haven't seen her touch her greens yet, but she is still basking after the long trip here. We will see!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm a little late to the game, but welcome to BDF Kalypso!

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Okay so I just did a measurement on her and she is 8 3/4 inches tip to tail! Crazy! I also caught her eating some greens, so that is awesome. I was able to get a few pics of her when she got measured. My webcam sucks haha! I have a Canon but something is wrong with it...grr.

Snapshot_20121017_13.jpg

Snapshot_20121017_4.jpg

Snapshot_20121017_1.jpg

Snapshot_20121017_7.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics! She is the best birthday gift ever. Speaking of birthdays, mine is in t-minus 60 seconds. Happy 30th to me!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Wow... you were really right about the colors. No need to make me more jealous or anything! :D My wife and I are huge Star Wars fans too. Heck, I even play TOR, but she beats me at Star Wars trivial pursuit every time. I'm the only BSG fan of the house (although my cat will reluctantly watch episodes with me if I pay enough attention to her on the couch).

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Haha! Wife for the win! My husband likes Lost, and I simply do NOT like the show LOL! It is so insanely predictable! I always like to torment him when he is watching it on Netflix :D
I am also a HUGE horror fan, so I love shows like American Horror Story, Supernatural, The Walking Dead ect. :D

I'm glad you are diggin on her as much as I am. She is so pretty! I am really looking forward to seeing how much her color changes with time. Have you decided when you are gonna get your beardie yet?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
First off, I am a HUGE Walking Dead fan. I'm a huge horror and zombie fan, but my wife is deathly afraid of those things (luckily my brother shares my same passion). :) I'm dying to watch Repo: The Genetic Opera live, as soon as my bro and I can nail a time down to watch it together. I hate Lost, but I reluctantly say I can't watch Supernatural either. :eek:

Was gonna save this for a separate post but since you asked, might as well do it here! The local pet shop got three BDs in today, but he is unsure of their lineage. No problem, but I am also talking to a local breeder that can confirm what his BDs will most likely look like. I work CRAZY hours at the dealership, so I can't get back to that until Sunday at the earliest. It won't be this week unless I get crazy lucky, but the good news is it's right around the corner!

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Oh man, I live for horror! Especially independent stuff! One of my other passions is collecting hard to find (and some not so hard to find) horror dvd's/boxsets/steelbooks ect. :) My husband LOOOOOVES Repo! Unfortunately they haven't started doing a shadow cast of Repo around here yet, but when they do, we will be there. I like Repo too, but my heart still beats for Rocky! :D I have been going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show for about 15 years now. Love it!

So, what kind of beardie are you looking for? Do you have something in particular in mind color wise? Certain bloodline? Do you keep any other reptiles?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Holy crud! I LIVED in Denton Texas for six years. I practically bleed the Picture Show. I watched it for years on end when I lived in Dallas every week (I say I watched it, but one could say I "participated" in it as well)!

Oh wait, this is a beardie forum (almost got lost there, my apologies). I have a penchant for the red ones. I guess that's while I'm still shopping around. I'm a perfectionist, remember? :D

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Haha!! Same here! I was at Rocky every weekend starting at age 15! I love it!! You are making me want to watch Rocky now LOL! :p

Yeah I am the same way! I love the red ones as well! I am also diggin on the tangerine ones, and the pastels. I love color! You didn't say if this will be your first reptile, only one you intend on having, ect?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Technically not my first reptile. When I was young I had a sizeable group of anoles I caught and kept in a modified cage my dad and I had built back when I was ten or so. We had a lot more critters too back then. :D

But let me say this: this will be the first reptile I take on where I realize what it will take to raise it right, and happily I might add! Before it was more about my curiosity, but now it is more about setting up the conditions so it will be happy with its surroundings and grow with me so we can enjoy our experiences together. When i was younger, I didn't understand a concept like that! :D

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
True. I don't think most kids understand something like that at the age of ten. It's so funny though. Anoles are so cheap at stores, but are one of the most high maintenance, and expensive lizards to keep haha! Go figure. :confused:

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
KALYPSO:Congrats on your new baby-i am soo excited for you and she is just lovely. You just made me want a female of the same colour but???? I have 2-now to look after-grandaughters and my beardie.It is just so exciting when you get the baby and watching her grow under your care and on your birthday=SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It will be very easy to remember her birthday as well.Wishing you the very best for her and you- as you grow with her.

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Get yourself a chart for Calcium/Multivitamin, mark it each day you use each. It's so easy to forget!

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Oh, believe me I am used to dusting crix and other feeders. I already have a calender hung up above her enclosure! :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes Germain! Been a great days so far. :)

Latest posts