• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

weird question about my 2 roach colonies

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's all about knowing your insects, habits and such.. and planning how to over come those habits ;)
Janie.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
DragonMom said:
;D You know I couldn't help it, but Brians post made me laugh, I think we need a post for "Brians Daily Adventures". LOL I can remember a cricket hunt about a year ago, I had gotten the box of crickets, set them in the room off the kitchen where the keepers are, ran to grab the door, forgot about the box for about an hour, had lots of crickets all over! Had my small shop vac out chasing them. I was catching stray crickets for at least a week! (The little buggers! some were hiding behind the fridge and stove!)

lol that was me last night. me and my two cats walking around with the vacuum sucking up every lil bugger i saw. have their tank taped closed with packing tape at the moment. gonna buy some glue traps (trick i read on another forum) and set them out in my dragon room with a orange slice in the center that art to get the stragglers. and some vaseline. my wife is so not pleased at th emoment lol.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With the more used bins, I redo monthly... the lessor used, as needed.
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow i have never had any turks escape....maybe because my cat constantly sat on the bin? my turks never climbed or even fluttered their wings...and i find them less gross than lobsters or dubias...then again im a little odd so maybe thats why i never had a problem with them

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i find turks completely repulsive lol but thats cause of how closely they look to the nasty little buggers you can get in your home. but its all good me and my too cats have all but killed all of the once that got away and now with about 4 inches of vaseline around the top of their tank i doubt ill have any get aways any more. i personally love my dubias and if they werent such a good feeder i might keep a few as pets lol. but them im very weird lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
dont the dubia breed slower? that was my thing that turned me off about them...i love how fast the turks breed...the females kinda skeeve me out tho...the males i pick up bare handed

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they are a slower breeder but larger and much much much less creepy lol. im a big wussy when it comes to creepy crawlys though lol. Im mildly freightened by spiders (okay behind glass), terrified of centipedes (someone put a vietnamese centipede on me while i was drunk once and im scarrred for life), and im not too big on roaches lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im terrified of spiders, centipedes or any bug with a ton of legs and some roaches...everything else i can pretty much deal with...

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol have you ever been up close and personal with a vietnamese centipede it is the scariest creepiest most jacked up animal on the planet. i just got a chill thinking about those awful creatures lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my old boss wanted to order one for the petstore...i told her that if she did i quit...they give me friggin nightmares!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the worst part is my wife (ok afrad of spiders) but the bug i fear the most (above mentioned centipede) doesnt bother her at all. She saw one in a deli cup at the raliegh show and sneakishly hands it to me with the "aww hunny look at this aint it cute" ploy. I almost screamed lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol awww poor brian...i kinda did that to my fiance with a roach...he was teary eyed

Latest posts