• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So close, yet so far away

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
Females should be 18 months to 2 years old before breeding. Are you missing the fact that you would be breeding half brother & sister. Not the best of plans, which is why your Mom saidAnd I mentioned
well, that gives me a little to think about. Mom says that it should be fine as long as they're not actual brothers and sisters.... at least when we talk about it she does.

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
Goodness! How many tanks do you think we can afford to keep running? LOL! Talk to me next time... you do live with me :p. It's too hard to sex a BD that tiny, and we'll sell the babies before they get big enough to sex. Not really any way to be certain which ones are boys and which ones are girls.... besides.... they'd be half brother and half sister, sharing the same dad. Can lead to bad things no matter what the pet store guy said to us.
Hmmm.... that's interesting. We have talked about it before. And you said that it was just fine. (P.S., we can run as many tanks as we need to.) Plus, I was talking about trying to breed her at least a year from now. She's not THAT small...... anymore.

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
I saw an article about walnut shell bedding getting into a bearded dragon fed on mealworms and having walnut shells in his digestive tract. The walnut shells and bedding killed the dragon. The vet he was at did an autopsy to see how impacted he was. Then he posted the dangers of both mealworms and walnut shells in pictures. It was horrible and that's why I don't use any type of bedding except paper towels. I'm thinking of switching to tile because the paper towels are getting expensive.

They can't tell us where it hurts, but by body language, they can show us what's wrong. Allie hid most of the day yesterday and I knew something had have been bothering her. She hadn't went to the bathroom. She ran around a little while, sat on a heating pad on low to medium wrapped in a blanket. Then she went to the bathroom. So they show us what's wrong. :)
Huh. I'm not so sure I like that story. But that's good to know. WHY WOULD SOMEONE USE WALNUT SHELLS AS BEDDING FOR THEIR BEARDED DRAGON????????!!!!!!!!

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
They sold me calci-sand and told me I needed a 75 gallon tank for Allie. I don't have room for a huge tank like that. Oh, by the way, I don't use calci-sand at all. I was thinking of using it for something else. :) Not for Allie. Wonder if Will could use the calci-sand as a sandbath.
I agree. that's stupid. "stupid pet stores!":):D:p:p:p:p:):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm.... that's interesting. We have talked about it before. And you said that it was just fine. (P.S., we can run as many tanks as we need to.) Plus, I was talking about trying to breed her at least a year from now. She's not THAT small...... anymore.
That was before I knew better, baby girl.
And you're the one to talk! Do you know how much I spend every month on beardies?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now, Now Girls - Can't you have this conversation over the Dinner table ... ;)

laughing-so-hard-ag1.gif

Latest posts