• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sandy Laid Again - Pic Heavy

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not 'worried' about them, if they happen to go full term, cool. If not, so be it ... They were laid that way, not much can be done about that, but they are increasing in size just like the rest :D. Once again, nature will take it's course & time will tell. ;)

Meighan

Bearded Dragon Egg
oh wow! I'm so glad you found out they were fertile!!! imagine how awful you would have felt if you'd thrown them out and then found out. sweet little angel seems like a good mother already! looking forward to the baby pics!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update Pics

Eggs002.jpg

Eggs003a.jpg

Sizecomparison2weeksBoth.jpg

Tossed out a moldy one today & one other doesn't look like it's any good, hasn't grown at all & seems to have stuff growing on its underside. But the eggs just keep getting bigger :D .

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
oh wow! I'm so glad you found out they were fertile!!! imagine how awful you would have felt if you'd thrown them out and then found out. sweet little angel seems like a good mother already! looking forward to the baby pics!
I agree. I always think that a baby of any type of creature is cute!

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
Cracks me up when people talk about BDs being good mothers, they love little ones - For Lunch!!! :eek: ;)
That's very funny. If you can't tell, I'm being half sarcastic. Cass stepped on on of the eggs when we were trying to take a picture of them together. It DEFINITELY wasn't worth it. The egg she stepped on was for sure going to make it. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
:(:(:(:(:(:( I felt like crying when it happened.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Update Pics

Tossed out a moldy one today & one other doesn't look like it's any good, hasn't grown at all & seems to have stuff growing on its underside. But the eggs just keep getting bigger :D .
I'm so excited to see Sandy and Demon's little babies! Good luck.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update Time - Checked on them tonight & most are still looking good, one for sure isn't good & likely a second, but the rest seem to be doing just fine, even the darker ones. The shell is softer & semi transparent, they are stretched so thin. They seem to be growing larger than the white ones, possibly because the shell is softer, easier too stretch. You can see through them to a point that you can make out some of the body parts, you can see the dark areas in the pics. The homemade incubator has been so good at keeping the temps constant & humidity good for the eggs.
icon_thumright-1.gif

Eggs7Weeks001.jpg

You can see the dark spots on the lower Dark one that appear to be the babies body parts touching the sides of the shell. It's so thin, I hope that they make it the next few weeks without bursting, until they are ready to come out on their own. I Candled the upper left one tonight, soooooo cool to see the little body inside, thought about trying to get a pic but didn't want to take the chance & disturb it any more than I already had.
Eggs7Weeks002.jpg

Comparison of the eggs as they progressed over the last 7.5 weeks since Day One ...
Eggs7WeeksComparison.jpg

I am getting soooo excited, going to get their bins & everything setup this week, won't be much longer ...
images

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well mama and the dad look great, so I'm sure these beardies wil look BEAUTIFUL.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mostly protein & some greens if they will take to them. These guys will be on a Roach (Nymphs) diet for their staple food.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Can't wait to see pictures of the little boogers! Are you going to place the camera on them 24/7 so we can all see them hatching?? :confused:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am seriously thinking about doing that if I can figure a way to keep the humidity & heat & still be able to see with the webcam. But will try to get some vids, pics for sure, if nothing else.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It takes them so long to hatch it's hard to nab that exact moment that they pop out of the egg. I wanted to do videos until I realized it was taking apx 24 hours.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Woohoo! I will definitely be back later to check them out! I'm way excited!

Latest posts