• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sand

Heather1979

Hatchling Dragon
That's fine then I didn't mention any soil I mentioned Aspen on it's own . Click on the 2 links I sent or go onto amazon and put zoo med aspen

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bioactive soil is not something you buy – it's something you make. Jarich has a thread on how to do this. Go back to the forums and search for soil. It's very comprehensive and really cool

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You don't usually buy bioactive soil, you make it. You can buy bags of plain ole topsoil from most garden or hardware centers. Just make sure there are no additives like fertilizers or soil conditioners. It's very cheap, usually around $2-$4 for a 20-25 pound bag. Mix it with children's playsand, about 75:25. I've put up a thread describing it in detail here:

http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/threads/bioactive-soil-as-a-substrate-choice.11152/

VINCENT3113

Bearded Dragon Egg
@beardieX0 I have the solution for you :) washed play sand. Washed play sand is at most hardware stores homedepot, lowes, and landscaping places. Just make sure it says washed play sand. And before you put the sand in the enclosure get a fine screen to sift the largest grains and you'll be fine. Washed play sand is safe as long as you sift through it ;). Please stay away from crushed wall nut though it's convincing to buy it's dangerous for beareded Dragons to injest!! And another tip is to stay away from commercial sand like calci sand, vita sand ..... This Willet seed and bio active soil though never tried ought to be good choices as well. Good luck.

Latest posts