• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Really need help- EGG HELP.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
(females can be bi gender and impregnate another dragon ive seen it once)
Well, I don't know about that one, their version of a Hermaphrodite perhaps, but definitely is not a normal everyday occurrence. I'm not saying that it can't happen, stranger things have, 2 headed Dragons, joined twins & the like, but not anything that I would even consider a normal possibility. Just saying ...

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, I don't know about that one, their version of a Hermaphrodite perhaps, but definitely is not a normal everyday occurrence. I'm not saying that it can't happen, stranger things have, 2 headed Dragons, joined twins & the like, but not anything that I would even consider a normal possibility. Just saying ...
not for this instance i dident look through the pictures to check sexs i was just saying its a rare occurance but possible

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well I mean.. They didn't know how large beardies needed a tank size, they didnt do the research, its not my fault and No they do not have a UVB.. just a heat source and thats it.. lettuce and a few superworms a day...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think anyone has the opinion that any of this is your fault. If they do, they haven't read the whole thread. Would be a case of, 'DON'T KILL THE MESSENGER!'.

You are doing what you can. While I don't recommend at all, you attempting this, but this is how I acquired my 2 rescues 3.5 years ago, Dinah & Arrow who were being housed in very similar circumstances. Makes an interesting read, police involvement, etc..

Rescue Thread - CLICK ME!

Reactions: Jp

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah i wasent blaming you at all if it was in question

you can still attempt to take those photos you have and run it by your animal police officer and have them make a call over to scare them im pretty sure there not aware of the law its animal abuse flatout cold blooded or not

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
But they'll find out it was me!! I'm the only person who is interested in there beardies!

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
and what are they going to do? cry a river its animal abuse you can say i personally reported them after seeing the photos and they can deal with me ill pm you my phone if they have an issue

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
But still.. I mean, they do love there beardies very much, and right now they are trying to find a bigger tank for em.. i dunno..but i feel bad reporting them

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
love is not that

that is animal abuse to a dispicable degree your young and i understand that but coming from someone that is in that age range and of higher knowledge (no offense intended) i have seen and reported many any places in my local area you have to stand up for animals that dont have the voices to
there old from the looks if someone buys 2 of this animal feeds it junk no light not even a basking bulb its pure abuse im sorry but you need to report them

i look at it this way what if you wakeup tommorow go over and they say oh both of them passed away they fought lastnight? how would you feel about losing two lives over being afraid to speak up and allow the truth to be heard?

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The Bearded Dragons passed away this morning. She called me because they "looked" weird. One was puffed up as big as it can be laying on the ground, and the other one skinny as ever laying on the other side with his eyes sucked in and his mouth open.
I think the cause was from overheat. We live in Los Angeles, in the hills, they had them in a 20 gallon in front of the window on a 93˚F day. Tell me what you guys think..?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to hear that, too bad they wouldn't listen to you. The heat very likely was a contributing factor along with the many other issues. Did they both pass at the same time, if so, that sounds a little strange, unless they just noticed it now.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That's terrible. The glass would magnify the sunlight and turn the enclosure into a virtual oven if directly in the sun. Poor things.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No they were both alive that morning they were "gaping" the thing with there mouths open. They died at the same time :(

Latest posts