• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question

beardielover4life

Bearded Dragon Egg
and yes my partners and i have thought about it and researched it alot and we already ready have one clutch and watching for a second one i have all females except for my one male and between us all we have 10 BDs

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Germ, you really need to think about what ur getting into. By rushing into this, I think the end result is going to be quite disappointing for you. 1st you need to get your breeders properly housed before they start fighting over food, basking area, personal space & ultimately the dominant role of the enclosure.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and yes my partners and i have thought about it and researched it alot and we already ready have one clutch and watching for a second one i have all females except for my one male and between us all we have 10 BDs
What are you using for incubation?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Again no disrespect meant, but with all the research that you & your partners have done, yet, you are unfamiliar with Brumation & the common practice of timing the breeding cycle in with it :confused: . Again, I am not a breeder, but really does raise some doubts in my mind.

Well, I've said my piece & really wish you the best in your endeavors. I'll leave the advice on this section to the people with hands on experience.

Good luck

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I can personally say I've never seen her beardies fight over anything, they have their own basking space + some, they've never fought over food ... I think they're ok. They're not together FOR breeding purpose, if it happens it happens. They are pets, not breeders. We bought breeders for the purpose of breeding. If there were issues in her housing 1.3 together she would separate and has the enclosures to do so.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did you guys get the incubator figured out? I remember there being an issue with the humidity. If ur going to have 3 plus females gravid, ur going to need a lot more Reptibators.

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The incubator is good. At this point we have no gravid females. Im not gonna plug in 500 reptibators lol we have a guy working on a fridge incubator. I highly doubt we incubate ALL eggs.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You still need 2 do quite a bit of research, sales, shipping, shipping supplies. You might need to be licensed where ur at to breed & sell. If you're going to work at that level, start getting set up with reptile distributors that buy in bulk. They supply most of the Big name pet stores & will be your best bet. Be prepared, they don't pay much more than 15-20 a dragon for 10-20 lots, which doesn't really cover the cost of feeding them before their sold.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can personally say I've never seen her beardies fight over anything, they have their own basking space + some, they've never fought over food ... I think they're ok. They're not together FOR breeding purpose, if it happens it happens. They are pets, not breeders. We bought breeders for the purpose of breeding. If there were issues in her housing 1.3 together she would separate and has the enclosures to do so.
All I can say, as in the thread JP posted earlier, it only takes once, can & has happened time & time again, without warning, completely out of previous character. Then it is too late. Granted she does have a bigger enclosure than most. The Odds say differently, but they are your babies that you are possibly putting in harms way. In my opinion it is not worth it, just to be able to say that you have beat the odds. You have been given some very good solid advice on this site, from a number experienced keepers. If you choose not to heed it, it is up to you. The majority of the keepers of the BDs depicted in this video thought the same way.

Have a good one

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We've done the research and will continue to research as long as we own beardies. I, personally, feel I can NEVER learn enough. She was simply asking questions seeking opinions as a new member to the forum. We're not trying to go into business breeding. We all work full time/have children/run our own business. As I said before, if it happens it happens. I am completely aware of cost and return. Again, I highly doubt we will be incubating all eggs.

Latest posts