• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would recommend introducing them separately to reduce the risk of injury.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you housing them together? Are you putting 3 mature adult females with 1 adult male together for breeding only & then separating them?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old are they & will 4 dragons outgrow the space they have now?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Holy Crap! I'm no Breeder, but... 8 or 9 square ft. of floor space is no where near enough space for 7 dragons, that in my opinion, should not be housed together at all.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
right now they r in a 110 gal tank
its 5and a half ft long three and a half ft wide and three ft tall = 432 Gal & 19.25 square feet

and only 4 dragons r housed there
male 4 females 3 = 7 BDs - sorry if I misunderstood
BLCalaculation-1.jpg

We can only go by what you post, if the posted info is inaccurate so will the replies be.

While it is a big enclosure, personally, I have already stated my opinion on Cohabitation.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When housed separately, could he see the other male or females?

I have another question & I mean absolutely no disrespect, but have you really thought this breeding thing out? I am really getting the impression that you have little experience & need to do a lot more research before such an undertaking, with so many females for the first time. Say, only 3 succeed in becoming gravid, at an average of say 25 eggs each, then say 1 of them happens to double clutch. You have 75 eggs then approximately 1 month later you have another 25. Now say the survival rate is 85%. Now you have 85 little eating machines @ 30-50 crickets each per day .

Do the math, that works out to between
17,850 - 29,750 crickets A WEEK,

535,500 - 892,500 crickets A MONTH

@ say $14/1,000, well you figure it out. On top of Vet fees, Greens, supplements, enclosures to house them all, lighting, etc, etc.

Think about it & yes I do think that at the very least, the male should be housed separately & only introduced to the individual females as needed until the deed is done, then immediately separated.

Reactions: Jp

Latest posts