• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

phoenix and super worms

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I actually dont know that I have ever looked up the nutritional values of the beetles as most reptiles wont eat them. They emit a noxious odour often when disturbed so many reptiles wont bother. Although dragons can be garbage disposals at times so I have heard of people's lizards taking them down.

As for the nightcrawlers, yes I just feed them whole. You can cut them up for smaller dragons if you want, or if you want them to wiggle more. I usually rinse mine to get the dirt off and they wiggle around as a result of that anyway. The bait shop ones are usually ok, just ask (or smell) if they have been kept on manure, which is something you dont want. Open the container and take a smell before you buy them, it shouldnt smell like manure in anyway. This will also give you the opportunity to check that the worms arent dried out or dead, which can happen if they are kept wrong or old. They dont need to be gut loaded as the majority of their nutritional benefit comes from the dirt they are in.

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
wow i didnt know that ! the walmart right by my house sells nightcrawlers lol ill have to check them out :) my dragons will eat just about anything. saphira once tried to snatch my phone out of my hand.. with her teeth ! i got my phoenix worms, and everyone here loves them, including cupcake my leo :) i will be ordering again from the same person !

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
thats awesome. they person i get mine from actually had posted a thing on here :) $22 for 1000

swanmom05

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there! My husband and i breed dragons as well as the feeder insects. Heres our website. We can supply all the bugs I read mentioned in this thread. As well as smaller quantities of the superworms. I believe Phoenix worms are the same as reptiworms.
I agree with the advice given. Supers, roaches & crickets can be fed on a regular basis. Wax, horn & butter worms are used as treats. Crickets tend to be hard to keep alive plus they cause bigger smellier poops than the other bugs tend to.
Heres our web address redearthworms.com

swanmom05

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our dragons havent been interested in the superworm beetle (i have tried in the rare occasion we have a beetle appear - superworms only morph into them if alive and in a dark place for a while). We have given our dragons a variety of the worms european, earth, etc. they tend to have trouble getting ahold of the worm to eat but when they do they like them. My chinese water dragon loves the red worms.

Good luck.

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
I'm also, trying to get away from crickets, I bought supers & wax worms from petsmart. I ordered Phoenix worms at Phoenix worms.com, sample pack(100)for 5.99 plus shipping. They should get here today. Hoping they are all alive, it is cold, it was freaking snowing this morning! Merry Halloween :/

Monica

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are night crawlers from a bait shop ok? What do you use to gut load them?
Silks are hit or miss feast or famine:) many times they are tough to find. My Chameleon only eats the moths my beardie will eat the whole cup of worms if I let him. Jarich do you know the nutritional value of zophobas beetles (superworm beetles)? Can not find any info on them.
I'd like to know if anyone has answers to these questions. I'd been wondering the same.

Latest posts