• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to bearded dragons

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is so true. I must admit it took me about 20 minutes lf stroking his back for me to pluck up the courage to go for it and pick him up but i did it :) night time sleepy cuddles are going to be the way forward for us at the minute :) i love him so much :)
Well when your getting used to a dragon and they are 2 years old it can be intimidating lol understandable.. But for the most part unless they are really sketchy the beard/mouth open lunging is a fake out lol
Slowly work your way earlier in the day so you can enjoy him, get him a harness and let him explore just watch what's in front of him that is edible or looks edible lol

Kirstylou

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah i was discussing this with a friend earlier going to make it earlier in the day in a week or so i dont want him to only have sleepy cuddles i want him to have a walk round and explore but for now this is my time to 'bond' while my 4 year old is out of the way.
He has only puffed up the once but backed away from me quite abit but alots gone on in this last week for him with the move and viv change bless him
Unfortunatly he will be having another vivarium change tomorrow as the one we got him was a quick buy because the other he came in was no good for him and the one we bought is too small but the bigger one we are getting tomorrow will be his forever home and plenty of room for him

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah i was discussing this with a friend earlier going to make it earlier in the day in a week or so i dont want him to only have sleepy cuddles i want him to have a walk round and explore but for now this is my time to 'bond' while my 4 year old is out of the way.
He has only puffed up the once but backed away from me quite abit but alots gone on in this last week for him with the move and viv change bless him
Unfortunatly he will be having another vivarium change tomorrow as the one we got him was a quick buy because the other he came in was no good for him and the one we bought is too small but the bigger one we are getting tomorrow will be his forever home and plenty of room for him
Your doing a great job!!! The great thing about these critters is how resilient they are, they want to be bonded with us, they are naturally curious and they have really funny personalities!! I am soo glad you've pushed thru and have gone in for the cuddles and that's a great time to do it when they are getting sleepy.. speaking of I am about to get my fella out for cuddle time.. my female has been napping for a couple days.. miss her she needs to get up already lol

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
So happy for you that you pushed thru that tiny bit of anxiety about picking him up, you gosh darn did it, welcome to the wonderful world of beardie parenthood ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Latest posts