• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Egg Help!

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my beardie layed egs about a month ago and im positive that they are furtile... i candled them and saw vains in all of them...but recentlt they are all deflating...im not sure what that means this is my first clutch of eggs if some one could help me i would be very greatful.

thankyou
Sarah

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It means the humidity is to low in the incubator! Try adding water to the substrate!! If they don't pop back up try adding water to the bottom!! Good luck...

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OK...and if they don't start to look better should i toss them?.... by the way I'm using the hatchrite substrate is that OK? its what came with my incubator and it says not to add water to it..just to the bottom of the incubator..should i change to a different substrate? I'm new to breeding sorry for all the questions. :(

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have never used this stuff! Are you covering your containers with lids? I red up on it and it says it is premixed but if you pick it up is it still moist? Yes try adding the water to the bottom of the incubator first if it is still moist! Also never just throw away an egg, the first thing you want to do is freeze the egg for 12 hours just to make sure the egg does not hatch in the landfill somewhere!

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes the containers are cover with lids...the substrate isn't moist... should it be? would you suggest changing substrates and if so what would you recommend...also it has been almost 50 days sense she laid them if that makes any difference...

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
depending on your temps they could be hatching to I have had clutches go 45 days. But to answer your question the substrate should be moist.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
As Tom said they may be collapsing because they may be hatching!! Now you no we are gonna need pictures then!! ;D

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
if they are hatching i will definitely post pix...how long does it take for them to hatch?

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
heres a picture of some of the eggs if it helps

new287.jpg

my incubator

new284.jpg

new285.jpg

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
no not yet....when the eggs start to deflate how long before they hatch? i ask because they have been that way for a couple of days.

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea...i moistened the substrate and added water to the incubtor... i hope that they come back....i really want them to hatch because they are all i have left of my male who died about 2 months ago

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If the eggs are completely flat and dried out they may be done in. Its a little hard to tell from the pictures. They look nice and white so its hard to tell. sorry I cant be more specific than that.

Sarah Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
they are not dried out....just a little deflated but not completely flat...ill try to get some better pictures up

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sarah, hopefully by adding the water it will help them plump back up! Keep us informed! Good luck..

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
crossing my fingers for you I keep checking everytime there is a new post hoping its you saying they have hatched.

Latest posts