• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My set up

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
as 4 the limb w/the holes, u can always remove it during feeding so u don't chance ne crix hiding in there. & be aware that w/the repti-carpet, crix can hide under that as well, i ran in2 that problem when mine wuz a baby. he's so cute & lil :D my baby wuzn't even that lil when i got him! but be prepared, they grow rather fast! lol ur setup looks pretty good 4 a starter.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
As long as he has some way to get out of the heat for now it should be good. You can wait a few days to put a hidey in there.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A 10 Gal enclosure with a 150W bulb sounds like it would be too hot. The type of thermometers that you are using are not recommended & are not giving you your Temps at the proper spots, are more affected by the temp of the glass which is affect by your ambient room temps & it is much hotter directly below the bulb than it is off to the side. A temp gun or a digital thermometer with a sensor is recommended. There is no way to provide the required heat gradient in a 10 gal no matter how much shade you provide 80-85F. A 30 gal will not be large enough for it as an adult. I would also move the UVB to cover the basking spot. A larger enclosure is needed, asap.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
^ dang, just got hit with a lot. Well I'm going to the pet store tomorrow, I will grab a digital set if I can find one.

I have a 50watt bulb also, should I switch to that untill tomorrow? Don't want to rost the little guy.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A 30 won't be large enough for it as an adult, and if Germ's saying to put him in a longer enclosure asap I'd listen. I was already worried about the temp gradient, I just wasn't sure how smart it was to move him again so soon. Germ is the voice of wisdom in this case though, he would know. A 20 long would be good til he got bigger, and I didn't notice the placement of the thermometers. One needs to be in the basking spot, and one in the coolest spot of the tank. (I still have to go out and get new thermometers, I've just realized I wasn't using the right ones either by reading posts here... at least yours are better then mine)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
^ dang, just got hit with a lot. Well I'm going to the pet store tomorrow, I will grab a digital set if I can find one.

I have a 50watt bulb also, should I switch to that untill tomorrow? Don't want to rost the little guy.
What is your temp showing at right now on the warmer side? And the cooler side?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It was showing 110 on hot side and I had none on the cool side. I'm headed to the pet store now, going to get a 100 watt bulb, tank and what ever else I need.

Actually being that I'm getting a bigger tank should I keep the 150watt bulb?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It was showing 110 on hot side and I had none on the cool side. I'm headed to the pet store now, going to get a 100 watt bulb, tank and what ever else I need.

Actually being that I'm getting a bigger tank should I keep the 150watt bulb?
Wait til you get the better thermometer in the proper place to see if you need a different one.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Got a 20 gallon long and a new digi temp, and did a whole new set up with the tank. I think it should hold him untill six months down the road, I hope

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
your really wasting your money on smaller tanks that just will not suffice id really suggest you taking it back and trading it in for the breeder she will be 16 inchs in little to no time plan on her growing half an inch per week at lowest .25 inch at the least

my 2 month old is 11 inchs and growing rapidly in 6 months i expect to have her at 20 inchs

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know, I don't have the money at this time, so when I have it down the road I will buy one.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Small town, I will check there next time but for not a 20 is fine. If I can get 3 months out of it ill be happy

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Small town, I will check there next time but for not a 20 is fine. If I can get 3 months out of it ill be happy
you can get three months out of it but i put it this way to people
would you rather be in jail or on house arrest?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well that wouldent be my choice so I couldn't say. Look I don't have the money at this moment. I can't change that. When I get it together I will but a 40 or even a 50

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
its hard for me not to be hard on you because i have concerns about kids owning these animals if you dont have the money for a $40 tank i dont see how your feeding it $60 a month not trying to pick on you im just stating concerns

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Actually around here a 40 gallon tank is around $100 plus. The 20 cost me $60. Look I understand what your saying but hes hardly 3" now.

Your point is received and taken into account. I will get a bigger tank, but not at this moment.

Now I'm done with this subject.

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Actually around here a 40 gallon tank is around $100 plus. The 20 cost me $60. Look I understand what your saying but hes hardly 3" now.

Your point is received and taken into account. I will get a bigger tank, but not at this moment.

Now I'm done with this subject.
well its a open forum and ill continue to comment because your not being honest unless you live in beverly hills
petco is 100 for a brand new 40 breeder and a 20 is 40 ,bearded dragons dont even come out under 3 inchs let alone sold at that size unless your deciding not to include tail

Latest posts