• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My set up

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok so here is my set up, I have a ten gallon tank with the green turf stuff from the pet store as the floor(its a baby dragon)

A flat rock on one side of the tank, two sea shells on the other side, one for the food and the other has veggies and water mixed. Next to the water there is a little rock shelf I built out of two rocks as a perch for him. Behind that is the green mesh screen that has the suction cups on it. Using it almost like a hammock.

I have a long hollow log with holes bored all in it(got it a long time ago) setting proped up on the side with the flat basking rock.

I have a 150watt heating bulb on the flat rocks side, the temp is right next to the light and it's reading at 103F and the basking rocks about 108F my humidity is at 23(the reader is on the cool side of the tank)and I have not misted the tank at all, don't know if i need to.

I have a UVB light on the cool side, its a 25watt curly bulb.

There is a lid on it as well.

Any thing I'm missing or that I need to change. I hope to upload a picture when I get a good chance too

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you have a good starter enclosure for your dragon, depending on it's age you might have to upgrade to a larger enclosure soon.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
From what I can see its head to tail length is around four inches maybe five. I would guess 10 weeks old maybe.

I plan on buying a 30 gallon tank in a month or two depending on growth. May need another lamp for heating a larger tank.

Forgot to powder the crickets for its feelings today, gotta remember to do that.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very cool, the 10 gallon should get you through a month or two depending on the dragons growth rate. Dont sweat forgetting the calcium, feeding & care will be routine to you before you know it.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I put a little of the powder into its water, then put a drop on its mouth and it licked it up so it got some today.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You really don't need to worry about misting the enclosure, they're dessert animals, and it looks like you live in a humid enough environment :).

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You really don't need to worry about misting the enclosure, they're dessert animals, and it looks like you live in a humid enough environment :).
In day time it's about 25% to 30% and at night it's looking like 40-45%

I'm thankful for all your help, I'm really glad I joined the forum

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A long tank is of course better, to give the proper heat gradient (cool side) but he should be fine for a bit, he'll grow quick anyway.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
In day time it's about 25% to 30% and at night it's looking like 40-45%

I'm thankful for all your help, I'm really glad I joined the forum
There's not really much you can do to dry out the air except keep a water dish out of the tank for the more humid months. As long as you're bathing him regularly and misting his veggies it's not necessary to do that anyway. I prefer to because my dragons will go and lounge in it when they feel the need or drink out of it, but I've heard it's not common behavior for dragons to drink out of a water dish. And you're welcome! I'm happy to help.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
05321237.jpg

Well here y'all go, a picture finally

Reactions: Jp

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
I would say get a different branch...not one with holes like that...cricket get in there and hide then come out later and will attack your beardie....seriously a bad thing....mean crickets :mad:

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
^ I had thought they might hide in it, so after feeding I have been checking it and shaking it out to see if any hid in it and none so far.

For now I'm going to leave it in, I may remove and replace it later, but I'm keeping a close eye on my dragon and the amount I put in for him to eat and how many he eats. So far he's eating everything I put in.

Before lights out I'm going to clean his tank of poo and Che k under and around everything for crickets to be sure. I have heard they can be quite a hazard to beardies

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's simple enough that he won't be too overwhelmed and as long as you keep an eye on the branch and make sure it doesn't get any crickets hiding in it you should be fine. Looks awesome :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How old or big do they get before you should include a hide hole for them?
Honestly, with your dragon in a ten I would think asap. It needs to be able to get out of the heat. Just make sure to check it for crickets before you put the dragon down for the night so it doesn't get munched on.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok, I will put it in soon. He's basking right now and I don't want to scare him away from his needed basking.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like there might be a shade spot he can get to under that rock that would suffice. You don't want to change too much to early if something you have in there will work, they're suppose to have a week to acclimate and all. Can he get all of himself in that shady area under his basking rock?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No, I don't think he can, it's a smaller spot then what it looks like in the picture. He can go under the green climb thing which provides shade. I have a wooden thing that is basically two sided I can put in there for shade.

This is only day three of me owning him so I don't know if I should change anything else.

Latest posts