• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

morph/genetics question

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok i have a male i am planning to breed to one of my females eventually and i was wondering about him... he is my really cool looking male maximus. he is almost white with a tent of yellow and a little orange around his face. i love they way he looks and the female's i could breed him to would be my low grade citrus german giant lily this coming year and my bright orange and red female amy that i can breed the next year or maybe later than that. i was wondering what morph max is. and what was most likely to pop out depending on who i bred him with. i would post a pic of him but i need a little help figureing out how to post one that shows up correctly. help with any of this would be much appreciated. plz and thank you;)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Without knowing the genetics of the parents, it is very difficult to determine what genes are present in the offspring. Genetic traits will be visible in some dragons, those without visible genetic traits do have recessive genes & are called ''hets'' short for heterozygous.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
that part i know. i used to help out breeding snakes and got really good guessing what the babies were gunna be. im just not as sure on my beardies. i hope that some babies come out looking like max his coloring is awesome

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure if u posted a couple pics someone should have some insight as to what Max might be.

PôřkÇhöp

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We can give it a hypothesized guess with a picture, but only at the visual traits. Any Het would have to be proven out.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i will try and get a better pic of him tonight. his toenails are clear by the way
1204111817.jpg

PôřkÇhöp

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Please take no offense at this opinion, I am attempting to give you my most honest answer but given the rather poor quality of the picture, it looks as if you took this first thing this morning when he was cold, could be wrong but if not, it affects his appearance. Even my best look like hammered **** first thing in the morning, try to catch him mid-day to mid-evening, he will be much more photo friendly . Back to it, looking at this I would say he was a dirty-white hypo with a definite splash of citrus or sun-fire. The yellow around the eyes is pretty common, even on a dragon you could find in a Petsmart, but the way it saturates his beard... Solid giveaway he has citrus in his line, somewhere close. Now, the nails... They don't seem to be clear. Again, given the quality of pic I very well may be wrong about that. No matter his line, I think he is a handsome boy.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
sholder pad? and yes i snagged that pic of him before i left for school. i will get a few better ones of him when i get home. also since i have had him, even when he was TICKED off at me his bearde dose not turn a full black most it get is maybe a medium gray color

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
and yes his toe nails are clear i have to have my friend hold him up to the light just so i can see the part of the nail i need to clip every once in a while

PôřkÇhöp

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
These pads are typically black but if he is Hypo this will be a lighter shade of grey, this along with the clear nails.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1207112154.jpg1207112155a.jpg1207112157.jpg1207112155b.jpg1207112156.jpg
yes his shoulder pads have a gray hue to them i noticed that he also has orange where that streek is on the side of his face between his eye and ear. sorry if there is too many pic's.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mark leu??? whats that?
Marketed leucistic dragons are similar 2 hypomelanistic dragons being that both lack dark melanin/pigment. Because the true luecistic gene hasn't been proven or discovered, dragons are listed as Marketed Luecistic

Latest posts