• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

more pics of my babies, can anybody tell me what kind of dragons they are

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 560
IMAG0312.jpg
IMAG0309.jpg

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm totally diggin that ramp you have in there. I need something like that! Did you build it? Your babies are adorable!

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thank u!!! my dad built it for me i asked him to do it out of foam for the fake rock look but he said this would be better hes building my new viv also

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That's awesome! I thought about trying to build, or asking my Dad to build, a viv for one of my babies, but I found a great deal on a used tank. So I got that instead. I'm thinking my babies will need something more sturdy when the get bigger to bask on. Maybe my Dad can help me build a ramp. Lol.

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
your ramp looks a bit rough and ready, so just be careful they do not snag themselves on it or catch a nail somewhere - as they could rip out the nail and cause a lot of hard to your beardies, also there is a large gap between the rungs and they could fall and hurt themselves.. plus that looks like a very small tank for what looks like 3 adult beardies, not much room in there for them to move around. What sex are they - i would like to think 2 females and one male.

I thought so too but they seem to like it the way it is. There are 2 females and a male, my dad is building me a new viv.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah i agree... the tank is too small! Also the beardie in the middle looks way to skinny... are you feeding them seperately or throwing food in their cage? cuz it looks underfeed/underweight..

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
they have room they go under the ramp and idk whats wrong with him he eats all day he just doesnt gain weight they all eat together when i tried to feed him alone he wouldnt eat

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i still think the cage is way too small for 3 adults... that might be why he is skinny, due to stress. they have no hides or anything to get away from others..

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
also im pretty sure you have all 3 in a 55 when a 55 is just barely enough for one adult... i wouldnt put even one in that tank, but thats just me...

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Most research states that a 40 gallon breeder, 36x18x16, is the minimum size recommended for an adult beardie. According to the Internet a 55 gallon, (48x13x21) has a smaller floor width than a 40 gallon breeder, although substantially longer. A 50 gallon has virtually the same dimensions as the 40 breeder, it's just a few inches taller. So... a 55 gallon tank is perfectly fine for one beardie. I do have to agree that having 3 in the 55 gallon is probably a bit cramped and probably stressful, and as it looks in the first pic up there that the skinnier beardie is lying on the bottom of the pile, he/she could suffer from some growth issues. Being on the bottom of the pile allows for less UV to reach him, which can affect his health and growth. As this is perfectly normal social behavior, the point is really for the one on top to assert his/her dominance.

I'm sure that you are aware of all of this and since your Dad is in the process of building your new viv, this might give you a chance to separate the little dude or dudette from the others to see if his health and weight fare better. What size viv is your Dad building for you?

Just some food for thought. Everyone here is very well-meaning and helpful, but sometimes can make you feel attacked, even if unintentionally. So keep up the good work and keep loving your beardies and I'm sure with some housing adjustments, all three of your beautiful babies will be hearty and healthy. And maybe at some point someone will try to answer your original question as to what kind of beardies they are. :p

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Peachiest for the helpful tips. He was skinny like this when i got him from the pet store so i never really thought about it. He is healthy and he eats really well, and as for the picture hes the one in the middle he changes his position all the time and when he is tired of the girls he goes under the ramp and relaxes. He is fine thanks for the concern though i appreciate it greatly im not quite sure big my dad is making it maybe like 4 ft i guess idk

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
again thanks guys for the concern but they are doing fine no splinters I SEE him eat because i feed him in another tank like i said before he has always been small skinny, he only mated once since i have had him so idk. They all get along fine so i really dont see a problem as soon as their bigger enclosure is done i may just leave him in that tank and move the girls in the bigger depends i guess, and yes they get calcium on everything that they eat except the greens i dont dust that.

Dababe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i tried to feed him alone again yesterday and her ate so hes good idk means (i dont know), also i give them crickets in the morning along with a fresh bowl of greens and in the evening i feed them more crickets. ive had spade and diamond since maybe around Feb., March and i just got Phoenix in early July. They eat crickets, meal worms, wax worms every now and then, horn worms, roaches (just once) plenty of greens, apples, carrots, raspberries, strawberries, bananas sometimes

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
sis the skinny beardies poop runny? if so he could have intestinal parisites causing him to not put on weight, like pin worms. My sailfin Dragon had pin worms so i got her de wormed and she gained weight in a few months now she is at a healthy weight. I would say take him to a vet with a stool sample and at least get it checked. Im not trying to sound mean, but he is underweight and just doensnt look healthy and im concerned with him. A vet checkup wont hurt:)

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey! just wanted to let you know that I used your platform as a guideline! haven't taken pics yet, but will post when I do. I used mdf for my platform and sides, then had a peice of wide baseboard and used contact cement to glue on sticks for the ramp. Covered the entire thing in grout to give it less of the smooth look. Once a couple coats of grout were done, I put on a couple coats of spray paint, (hand-painted the ramp for a more natural look). Then a few coats of sealant.
Not only is it totally "smooth" for him to climb on (by that I mean no raw wood causing slivers) but i can also disinfect it!
Just from experience--once all that sealant is dry, leave it outside for a few days! I had it in my basement waiting for the chemical smell to go away. 3 days later it was still pretty strong. Once it was outside for a few days though, the smell was gone.
I am assuming the strong paint fumes would be Very bad in the tank!!

Latest posts