• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mirrors

What's your guy's take on mirrors in the viv

• Total voters

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What's the UVB? Is it 10.0 or 5.0? If the UVB is too low, they don't like it and they're not getting the right amount of UVB. What about supplements? Calcium, Calcium with D3, and Herptivite?

She might not like Spring Mix. Try Turnip Greens or Collard Greens. Usually found in the produce department.

Here's the bible for beardie diets and other things.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/
petmountain.com
beardeddragon.co

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Do you have her on a light cycle? All of her lights need to be either 12H on 12H off or 14H on 10H off. The red light could be one of the reasons for the stress marks. They can see all spectrums of light including red and some colors that we can't even see. At night when you have that light on while she is trying to sleep it can disrupt her sleep cycle and make her stressed out. If you look at the very top of her head you will see a scale that looks like she has a little pin hole in her head, that's called her third eye. When she has her eyes closed, even when sleeping, she can see light. It's her defense against over head predators. The other thing about the light is where it's positioned. She can easily touch that light by either the hammock or that rock under it or even just jumping at it and she could burn herself.

You also need to have some temperature probes in there. The temp on her basking spot should be 105-110 degrees and on the cool side during the day around 80. At night it's normal for the temperature to drop. As long as it's not below 65 degrees then you don't need a heat source. If it does get cooler than that, you will want to get a CHE. They give off heat but no light.

I am so glad you got rid of the bird seed. It's better to be safe than sorry.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I looked at one of your photos in the media section, looks like she might be shedding on her head that's why she is scratching her mouth.

I'm hoping someone with better knowledge of the different UVB bulbs comes around. The only thing I can tell you is that when I first got Dexter, I used that bulb because it was the only one the pet store had, and she wasn't too happy with it. As soon as I could I bought a Reptisun 10.0 and it's been the best bulb ever. That's the most recommended bulb.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Go with the Reptisun 10.0, 18" as PatsyB said to. The Reptisun 10.0 will bring out a lot of her colors and make her feel much better.

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
Okay will do and know I don't have her on a regulated light shedual I usually just turn her lights. Off besides her red one when she falls asleep which I will stop doing

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
And she just shedrd around her mouth and the top of her head unfortunately waa like that when I got her and even after a shed it stays like that /:

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Looks like you have been getting some good advice so far. Also, thats a nice big enclosure by the looks of it too. Its great that you are able to provide lots of room for it to run around. Could you tell us how tall the enclosure is? The reason I ask is that even the Zoomed is unlikely to be useful at the height you have the fixture right now. You may either need to get a new T5 HO fixture, or build up some branches so that the dragon can climb up to an appropriate height for the UV exposure. With that much height anyway, I would recommend getting some nice thick branches for it to climb. They are semi arboreal animals that spend much of their time up high, so any recreation of that you could give it will be enjoyed greatly.

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
She is glass surfing like crazy she calms down when I let her put but o want her the get use to her environment I feel guilty for leaving her in there she just surf's and scratches and she won't stop I just don't know what to do she was fine until I left my room when I came back she just keeps doing it

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You could put something of yours in her tank like a tshirt or scarf or something that way she will feel like you are there with her and maybe that will calm her down. Also, you could try playing the radio or leave the tv on, it will make her think someone is there with her.

I know how hard it is to leave them in the tank when the glass dance. My boy Luci has done it since we got him and he just stares at me like "let me out". Most of the time we do let him out but there are times we just can't. They eventually tire themselves out, just think of it as good exercise :)

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
You could put something of yours in her tank like a tshirt or scarf or something that way she will feel like you are there with her and maybe that will calm her down. Also, you could try playing the radio or leave the tv on, it will make her think someone is there with her.

I know how hard it is to leave them in the tank when the glass dance. My boy Luci has done it since we got him and he just stares at me like "let me out". Most of the time we do let him out but there are times we just can't. They eventually tire themselves out, just think of it as good exercise :)
good point ill try that i just feel bad i just came home from school and her stress marks are back and they werent bad this morning /:

Latest posts