• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
I have ordered everything you have suggested. He is still not eating much so I assume part of the reason is the heat and lightning is incorrect. I read that he would shed weekly at this age. Is there anything we need to do? I have been offering turnip and collard greens.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have ordered everything you have suggested. He is still not eating much so I assume part of the reason is the heat and lightning is incorrect. I read that he would shed weekly at this age. Is there anything we need to do? I have been offering turnip and collard greens.
Once your surface basking temps and UVB are on par he will slowly start to adjust to his tank and surroundings - shedding can cause appetite to be off as well but as long as hes eating something your good - please drop water on his nose every couple of days for hydration - keep dropping till he quits licking or moves away - the greens can be rinsed before serving to give him hydration as well - when you get the BSFL use those as salad lures drop them in front of him in his bowl so it gets his attention - let me know when the UVB comes in - if you want put him in a plastic tote w/ NO lid set him in direct sunlight if its too hot then partial shade 15 minutes will give him good UVB DO NOT leave him supervise him - I dont know what the temps are where you are but you do not want him getting too hot - you can do this every day till the UVB comes in

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
Once your surface basking temps and UVB are on par he will slowly start to adjust to his tank and surroundings - shedding can cause appetite to be off as well but as long as hes eating something your good - please drop water on his nose every couple of days for hydration - keep dropping till he quits licking or moves away - the greens can be rinsed before serving to give him hydration as well - when you get the BSFL use those as salad lures drop them in front of him in his bowl so it gets his attention - let me know when the UVB comes in - if you want put him in a plastic tote w/ NO lid set him in direct sunlight if its too hot then partial shade 15 minutes will give him good UVB DO NOT leave him supervise him - I dont know what the temps are where you are but you do not want him getting too hot - you can do this every day till the UVB comes in
I will let you know when it comes in…I can not thank you enough for your help

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
I will let you know when it comes in…I can not thank you enough for your help
My light came in and i changed out the bulb to the one you suggested . I have the digital thermometer you suggested as well. 80 is the highest i can get the temp so i ordered a halogen bulb. He is still not eating great but moving around the tank more..looks like he is about to shed again. The BSFL is supposed to arrive Saturday and I have been introducing vegetables

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My light came in and i changed out the bulb to the one you suggested . I have the digital thermometer you suggested as well. 80 is the highest i can get the temp so i ordered a halogen bulb. He is still not eating great but moving around the tank more..looks like he is about to shed again. The BSFL is supposed to arrive Saturday and I have been introducing vegetables
Ok so did we go over screen ? This is going to determine where the uvb goes- is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type-- what wattage are you using?

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so did we go over screen ? This is going to determine where the uvb goes- is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type-- what wattage are you using?
Its wire screen wide hole type..its a 24 watt 12% uv-b

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its wire screen wide hole type..its a 24 watt 12% uv-b
Ok so it can stay on top just have a piece of basking decor directly underneath 8-10 inches --- watch his behavior and his colors they should be more vibrant along w/ appetite increasing

Latest posts