• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

just curious about breeding

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
If you are so curious and so insistent that you have a dunner, and its father is a dunner, then why not go and message Kevin Dunn who created the line and save all the trouble? If the information you're getting here isn't good enough for you then go to the source, simple enough.

Dtizzle

Bearded Dragon Egg
All I was asking was for the information that was being presented to me to be substantiated if that can't be done than I need more input. But thank you for your input seeing as how you seem to think that if someone on this forum tells you something than it's just a fact and there is no other thought that matters. I was actually looking for an opinion from more than one person so I could get a larger sample of information. Again, your input is appreciated

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
I don't see the point in making a huff over something that can be easily figured out by going to the direct source. Mr. Dunn can give you the most accurate, up to date information so that you dont have to take what others here say. He can supply the answer you were looking for originally as well. Heck, just find any reputable breeder that will answer your questions. Funny how me telling you to speak to a professional source implies in some instance that I believe all that is said on this forum.

Dtizzle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I figured a species specific forum would be a good tool to gather information and have good conversations about a topic we all enjoy. This is just one topic that I had a specific interest in due to reading other post on this forum so it seemed to me a logical place to ask due to this forum being the original source of my interest, but you are correct that contacting a reputable breeder would be a good place to get definitive answers from and I have reached out to two reputable breeder and both were very informative

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Well regardless, the beardies you put up are all beautiful, and the dunner you put up separately is so pretty! To actually go back to the question you asked in this post, I dont think dunner x dunner is bad, might come out with some interesting stuff. But I'm no expert so don't take my word on it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Whew, so much testosterone in this thread! Can we be done with it?

@Dtizzle don't let this discourage you from the forum, typically we don't get this heated , I guess bloodlines are a sensitive subject. :confused: We are all real nice people once you get to know us!

Dtizzle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not upset with this thread at all I welcome all point of views and discussion about the points brought up, I'm sure this is a great group

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Rat was euthanized
Chinese Water Dragon was given injection to try and get him eating.
Kitten is in cast after bearded dragon bit het in defense breaking every bone in her foot

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Rat was euthanized
Chinese Water Dragon was given injection to try and get him eating.
Kitten is in cast after bearded dragon bit het in defense breaking every bone in her foot

Sorry about Rat :( That's crazy about Kitten! I never really thought about a bearded dragon doing that to the cat. One more thing for me to keep an eye on.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She had her warning and knew she wasnt allowed to play in the kiddie pool. Maybe she won't try messing with my dragons anymore. As for the rat I'm glad we caught it early before she suffered. The water dragon worries me because he is acting depressed......dafuq?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Someone else here was having an issue with her water dragon too but I don't know whatever happened to it. I hope your gets better. I think they are cool looking but every time I see one in a shop I freak it out! All I do is walk by and it completely spazzes!

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
Dtizzle, the father definitely is a dunner, and so is your baby. Not every dunner has the vertical stripes down the tail. So when in doubt, check the swirling belly scales! (which it sounds like you did) :) I have a beautiful hypo trans dunner who has absolutely no veritcal stripes down the tail, and these are sometimes called "low-expression" dunners. I asked Beth Greathouse about this last year before I bought my first dunner, and this is what she said:

Me: "Im pretty sure that i read on this group page that low expression dunners can produce high expression offspring. is that correct? are their high and low expression dunners? i currently do not have any, but i was curious."

Beth: "Yes the theory is that the underlying pattern effects the actual expression of a dunner. Just as when you see a witblit dunner there is no pattern at all. It will probably take a long time before we really figure out what patterns work with dunners but if you study them closely you see that a tiger bared dragon will produce dunners with a strong blue side and a solid colored dragon will produce the spotty ones you see."

I had to copy and paste the conversation as the group we discussed it on was a private group, but this is the link to this particular thread if you'd like to join the facebook group and learn more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/249342151844531/permalink/415902458521832/

Latest posts