• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im Scared Somebody Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
warm baths will help with pooping. there are things you can give to help if she is backed up but you need to let someone show you how first and its hard to tell from this picture. healthy juvies and a pudgy belly are not uncommon.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
im guessing it has to be blockage bc now that has come into my mind she hasn't pooped and when i put her in warm water she is more alert and swims and i think try's to use the bathroom and she is always stressed even when im not around according to my mom that sneaks up on her to see.......

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If shes impacted you can normally feel it gently rub your finger down her stomach to her vent if you feel a hard spot it could be impaction

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If shes impacted you can normally feel it gently rub your finger down her stomach to her vent if you feel a hard spot it could be impaction
Speaking of poop, how often should an adult beardie poop?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Umm, you said you tool the crickets out? Do you leave them in the enclosure? If you leave them in there, they can turn tail and eat your beardie. You need to make sure you only feed what they eat in 5 -10 minutes then remove any leftover. I feed one at a time and that way l know the nasty little buggers can't hide and take revenge later

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Speaking of poop, how often should an adult beardie poop?
Depends how often and how much they eat. My girls usually poop every day, but my bous can be every second day. The boys arnt as active nor do they eat as much as the girls. They are all different, you will soon learn what Scarlets routine will be xx

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey i know it has been awhile on this thread but update is she is still 6 1/2 inches long ((she was born in july)) and she eats 20 crickets a day and has a bowl of different food including dried mealworms and has a basking spot of 110 in a 44x18x12 tank.... i know its not the light or the tank size that is hurting her but there is somthing that is not letting her grow... i have the calcuim and food always ready for her and give her baths and she eats all the time but will not grow.... i got her in july and as far as i can remember she has had 1 shed.... im thinking she has parasites but i cant take her to the vet bc they want $100 just as a check up and anything else is more.... there the only reptile vet within a 1 hour drive from my house... i wanted to know if there was a medicine i could order offline or get from petsmart or petco that could get rid of these parsites...... please help me!!!!

Latest posts