• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im Scared Somebody Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My bearded dragon is almost 3 months old and is 6 inches long and lately has stop eating the crickets and is not eating the bowl food that i have..... ((different types of food in the bowl)) and has been sleeping pretty much all day and night and im just worried she is sick or worst so i cleaned out the tank took the crickets out took some stuff out of the tank so it is less in the tank and i put her back in and she went to sleep...... if you know anything about this please let me know so i can fix the problem now.......

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What are your temps at in your basking area and your cool end? what size uv you using, has anything in her environment changed lately that may have stressed her out?

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
no i just change food/water take her out hold her put her back everything normal..... 97 in basking 73 in cool end and what do u mean uv size...... my uv light is 36 inches long....?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Your temps are a bit cool, should be 100-110 in the basking and 80-85 in the cool end, what percentage is your uv tube, it should be 10%uvb Minimum, I use a 12% my self. Turning up her heat could help as it could be sending her into brumination.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
this is something you will go through your entire dragon life. dont panic, check temps as stated above, and realize that it is getting close to brumation time. ive got a male thats been plastered to the bottom of his tank for over a month now. continue your feeding schedule and keep them hydrated with baths and you can also give them a dose of water using a syringe (no needle of course) and always monitor their weight.a little weight loss will occur this time of year but it's important to know how much is too much.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
also all dragons are different. i have a few that will eat like little horses for a while then wont eat for several weeks. dont panic and keep us informed

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long has the lethargic (lazy) behavior been going on? How long has it been since your dragon has eaten anything?

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
she has been lazy for about 3 weeks now and i havent seen her eat for 2 weeks...... and she doesnt like to stay under her heat lamp when i had it at 110 so i cut it down and its between 95- 100 ((before i had it off so the spot was cold)) and her eyes seem a little sunk in to me but it might just be natrual..... this is my first beardie so i need help bc this is confusing me

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Was she acting this way when her temps were higher?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
your dragon is young enough that brumation shouldnt be an issue this year but old enough for parasites to be a possible problem. not eating, lethargy, along with weight loss( you should weigh her every few weeks until she gets well established) and only you will know if her eyes look sunken in, are all signs of possible trouble. get her checked and treated and she should be fine:D

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
alright.... i gave her a bath and it seemed like she has never had anything to drink before in her life.... and is a little more active but she is going to the vet.......... thanks so much everyone

My dragons wont drink from a water bowl, so when they go in their baths it seems like they are never going to stop drinking. Dehydration can also make them lathargic too, but better going to vet anyway, better to be safe :)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry that I'm just getting back 2 you, been having computer problems. If she has been this way 4 a few wks then I'm guessing that this might b parasite related. The temps that u have been keeping her enclosure at 95-110 are safe temps & like Rich said, she is 2 young 4 brumation 2 b an issue. Keep up with daily baths until u get her 2 the vet, if she hasn't eaten for 3 wks then she is definitely dehydrated, which would also explain her eyes having a sunken appearance.
Sorry again 4 the delay but I'm glad the other members had your back. Keep us posted & have a chill day.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
UPDATE: i cant get her to the vet right now but a friend i know her little sister has 2 bearded dragons so i sent him a picture and he said she might be backed up bc the way her stomach looked....what do you think this is the picture i sent and her stomach doesnt poke out on the side as if she was laying down........
dsc02304w.th.jpg