• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hoping for New Business

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If you get Leatherbacks that would be awesome! I'm hoping to get some Leathers with this business. My first leather I'm gonna keep for breeding purposes.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow, I'm completely blown away. Jerin, if you are unsure about the reproductive system in bearded dragons alone, you have no business starting a business involving them. the end.
Great job making me feel good. I said earlier that I'm still studying and I have plenty of time to do that. I feel like people like you and people with businesses try to bring people down and tell them that they can't do it just so they don't have competition.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
o and jerin don't take any offense to some of the things that people say on here especially the breeders because alot of people have been breeding for years and they take pride in it alot of people come and go on here and their are alot of people that breed bds and are very unsuccessful and don't take the proper time out or take the proper care in husbandry. It takes alot of money and alot of time and space. It is also very expensive. just ask some of these guys and ladies how much they spend on crickets, veggies and other food. I know for a fact that richard is an avid breeder and he will tell you first hand that he buys about 2k crickets or more. Also breeding isn't a very lucrative business. So in order to do it you have to love what you do because their will be alot of ups and downs. So don't feel bad you about what people say. You gotta earn your stripes on here because anybody can get to beardies and breed them and call themselves a breeder. Jerin your don't be so hard on the guy kinda help him along his way

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I love bearded dragons so much. I'm willing to put the time and money into breeding and I have many people willing to help me out with this. I know how much time you need for this and I just feel like some people try to bring you down just so they have a more successful business and have no competition.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Some breeders look down on beginners, I've seen that attitude around. There are a lot of helpful people here, and you can learn a lot from some of our mistakes. You probably still have a lot to learn, just like the rest of us. As long as you are sure you know what you're getting into I see no reason why you shouldn't start, and I applaud you for getting your research done ahead of time and coming here to ask questions. Some people would have just jumped the gun.

Zen ReptileZ

Juvenile Dragon
Great job making me feel good. I said earlier that I'm still studying and I have plenty of time to do that. I feel like people like you and people with businesses try to bring people down and tell them that they can't do it just so they don't have competition.

Jerin, I understand your feelings here. However, you have to understand that the market is already saturated with people that are not properly informed about the serious involvement. That includes a basic knowledge of the health and requirements of taking care of a TON of kiddos. A month ago I picked up a very ill hatchling from a couple of people thinking they would start a business. They had no clue what to do with it. I just believe that anyone stating they are starting a business and posting prices of unhatched hypothetical dragons is not appropriate nor does it earn credibility. Please do your research before posting such statements.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Jerin.

I don't think competition is a concern any more than the health of the dragons you & your friends produce. You investing time & money is all it takes but some things take time & shouldn't be rushed. Earlier in this thread you learned that a female can lay multiple clutches from one pairing, that's a very important bit of information & is something you can use to prepare yourself & your friends with in the future when you get started. But, not knowing that small detail raises concerns when multiple dragons lives are at risk. Study up on anatomy & reproduction. Incubators & their size/capacity need to be considered, especially if you're going to have more than one female working for you at the same time. I just made you sound like a Pimp, not tryin ta bring you down. Any time you have a question, just ask. The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. So, when your not gettin your google on, studying Bearded Dragons, keep us updated on you & your friend's progress.

Thanx, Jp

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Jerin, I understand your feelings here. However, you have to understand that the market is already saturated with people that are not properly informed about the serious involvement. That includes a basic knowledge of the health and requirements of taking care of a TON of kiddos. A month ago I picked up a very ill hatchling from a couple of people thinking they would start a business. They had no clue what to do with it. I just believe that anyone stating they are starting a business and posting prices of unhatched hypothetical dragons is not appropriate nor does it earn credibility. Please do your research before posting such statements.
It kills me that someone wouldn't take care of such a darling little thing. Mine that hatched do almost nothing but eat, chase their reflections, digest, and poop... not too hard to take care of if you put a little bit of effort into it. Some misting and bathing here and there, changing out the paper towels, make sure crickets aren't chewing on them by getting rid of them at night, greens every day finely chopped, and putting them under proper lights and in decent enclosures. If they couldn't handle such simple things they shouldn't have decided to go in to business.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Guys... Thank you so much for your support and the reason I posted this idea to all of you was to get info and be informed so that I don't make the same mistakes as other people. I take this very seriously and I plan on spending from now to the beginning of September preparing if not longer.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
glad to hear that Jerin. As you can see on here that you most likely won't see on any other sites we love our bds and we go to great lengths to preserve them and protect them. i wish you the best with your business. Trust me if it wasn't for bdf and the friends I've made on here I would be lost. Welcome to the forum I'll be looking forward to seeing your updates.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just bought 8 doz crickets today... that might get me through 2-3 days with the 4 babies I have left. If I could stand bugs I would breed them, would be so worthwhile! I think you've mentioned earlier you were thinking about it. I would highly recommend it!

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I love bearded dragons so much. I'm willing to put the time and money into breeding and I have many people willing to help me out with this. I know how much time you need for this and I just feel like some people try to bring you down just so they have a more successful business and have no competition.
to be honest the breeders who have been doing it for years ain't really going to mind someone breeding more dragons in a market that has had its high days, due to out love for them they r now 2 a Penny now, I understand ur doing ur research and that Will never stop but, was urself - If u hatched 100+ eggs today and then something happens and ur support network fell apart do u have suffienct funds and time. Wish u luck and enjoy but we never No wats round the corner

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes I have funds and time. I might be partnering with someone who could help out and we could combine money or somethin'

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would like to get Dubia's but my mom won't let me. She barely likes for me to have crickets in the house...

Latest posts