• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally, he hatched!

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Today hatched dragon. Clutch was the 10th of August and it has survived only one egg.

I am concerned that he has a big yolk sac.
At the moment I moved it on a damp cloth.

Uxr2TCgBFj0.jpg

I thought that dragon was dead, but he suddenly opened his eyes!

1qK4PDFEw8k.jpg

I do not know why I call him "he", it seems to me - this is the guy.
By the way, for some reason, he has a lot of red. Although none of the parents do not have these colors, only the yellow and gray.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How precious! Keep him on the paper towel, it's the most sanitary substrate at the moment. The egg sac should eventually fall off. It's possible that his parents had some hidden genes that made him that color. Just like people.

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you for your support!
I also hope that everything will be ok. But at the Russian forum lovers dragons tell me that I killed him because no one with yolk survives. The thought makes me sad.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know much about hatchlings but I think another member had this with one of his babies and he left it on some paper towel and a few hours or the next day it had fallen off. I think if he's alive and he's running around like you said he is then he may be just fine. Just feed him and have positive thoughts that he is going to live.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah – he's a looker for sure

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
The next day after hatching, he ate a cockroach. Now, do not eat, although I see that interest in moving targets - in the evening hunting a fly.

Question: Is it possible to give a little maggots?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Small dubia roaches, small phoenix worms. (Remember to think: No bigger than the space between his eyes.)

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Every day I offer him crickets, cockroaches: Turkmen and marble. He did not want to! Today, only the coveted maggots, but did not eat it - spat.
I do not have meal worms, unfortunately. I will try to find it.

Needless to say that plant foods does not interest him?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
80% of his diet should consist of live food at this age so if he doesn't take to greens that is okay. Still offer them to him every day and he will eventually eat them.

NickG1987

Hatchling Dragon
If he does live and you decide to sell him/her, I would like first dibbs lol. I love a good underdog story! :)

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Haha! I am very pleased that someone besides me sees this little dragon someone interesting!

Yesterday, he began to eat and eaten two cricket. Today tried to chew a salad, but he did not like, in the end ate another cricket. In the morning, the first time went to the toilet.

Unfortunately, the tail was crooked. Now it's a ring-tailed agama lol!

Latest posts