• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Frenzy!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Why would you have an infrared light on? BDs should be allowed to cool down at night, slows their metabolism down for a good nights sleep. Heat is not needed or wanted unless your night time ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60sF.

If your temps do not drop below this, you are doing your BD more harm than good, keeping it toasty warm at night. On top of the fact that lights of any color will bother most BDs sleep.

She's in her cave trying to find someplace cooler & away from the light.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And your Local "POOP REPORT" is ..........

chuckle.gif

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Why would you have an infrared light on? BDs should be allowed to cool down at night, slows their metabolism down for a good nights sleep. Heat is not needed or wanted unless your night time ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60sF.

If your temps do not drop below this, you are doing your BD more harm than good, keeping it toasty warm at night. On top of the fact that lights of any color will bother most BDs sleep.

She's in her cave trying to find someplace cooler & away from the light.

It does fall below the 60s in the house at night because we don't have central heat and air. We use space heaters and those don't always work. She sleeps on an old pillow and under two dark blankets so she isn't disturbed by any light that we've got on. We stay up most of the time and I intend to turn the infrared light off if it's warm in my room. Sometimes it ranges 65-70 when the space heater works and it takes almost the whole night and the entire day to warm the whole house with four different space heaters. Before bed, she'll sit with me and run around here and there before bed. She climbs up on the back of my chair, looking out at the window, then she'll cuddle with me until she falls asleep on me. I cover her with her blankets and wait until she's sound asleep. Whenever I go to put her into her tank, she'll sometimes wake up and climb up my arm to my shoulder or cling to my hand. (She doesn't want to go in her cool tank. She'd rather sleep on me for a little while longer.)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So how warm is the enclosure at night with the infrared on? A CHE on a dimmer or thermostat would be much more effective, would give you some control, with no light to bother it.

Latest posts