• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does anyone have information on T-cells

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i gotta make sure i have it in my books but if i do ill send away to anyone who needs it

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*waves frantically at Lance*

*jumps up and down like I have to pee*

Any more info?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gina... T cell research indicates that if affected cells are given new T cells that are not affected... One could reasonably theorize... the end of certain viruses.
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yup, this i know.
but i need to location information on grafting T cells from doner to host.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/cgi/content/short/blood-2006-08-042853v1 . Sorry it is just to much for me to type. Also found,

The coordinated expression of chemokines and receptors may be important in the directed migration of alloreactive T cells during graft-vs-host disease (GVHD). Recent work demonstrated in a murine model that transfer of CCR5-deficient (CCR5(-/-)) donor cells to nonconditioned haploidentical recipients resulted in reduced donor cell infiltration in liver and lymphoid tissues compared with transfer of CCR5(+/+) cells. To investigate the function of CCR5 during GVHD in conditioned transplant recipients, we transferred CCR5(-/-) or wild-type C57BL/6 (B6) T cells to lethally irradiated B6D2 recipients. Unexpectedly, we found an earlier time to onset and a worsening of GVHD using CCR5(-/-) T cells, which was associated with significant increases in the accumulation of alloreactive CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells in liver and lung. Conversely, the transfer of CCR5(-/-) donor cells to nonirradiated recipients led to reduced infiltration of target organs, confirming previous studies and demonstrating that the role of CCR5 on donor T cells is dependent on conditioning of recipients. Expression of proinflammatory chemokines in target tissues was dependent on conditioning of recipients, such that CXCL10 and CXCL11 were most highly expressed in tissues of irradiated recipients during the first week post-transplant. CCR5(-/-) T cells were shown to have enhanced migration to CXCL10, and blocking this ligand in vivo improved survival in irradiated recipients receiving CCR5(-/-) T cells. Our data indicate that the effects of inhibiting CCR5/ligand interaction on donor T cells during GVHD differ depending on conditioning of recipients, a finding with potentially important clinical significance.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lance
any information on non allogenic graph T cells causing GVHD?

How many ways are there to transplant cells from one doner to a host? Other than bone marrow? Is blood transfusion enough?

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Nonalloreactive donor T cells undergo homeostatic proliferation upon transfer to lethally irradiated allogeneic recipients. To better understand the preferential effect of IL-7 on the posttransplant reconstitution of memory/activated T cells, we first analyzed the phenotype and proliferation of the various populations of donor T cells after allogeneic BMT, including (a) alloreactive T cells, mature T cells contained in the allograft that recognize host allo-antigens and cause GVHD; (b) nonalloreactive T cells, mature T cells in the allograft that do not recognize alloantigens but have been suggested to contribute to T cell reconstitution, especially in older recipients with diminished thymic function (17); and (c) donor hematopoietic stem cell–derived T cells, newly derived T cells that originate from the transplanted donor hematopoietic stem cells and have been generated through thymic (and possibly also through extrathymic) differentiation.

To assess the proliferative activity and cell surface antigen expression patterns of alloreactive and nonalloreactive donor T cells after transplantation, we transferred CFSE-labeled purified splenic T cells from B6 (Ly5.1) donors into lethally irradiated syngeneic (B6) and allogeneic (C3FeB6F1) recipients and analyzed the number of cell divisions and cell surface antigen expression daily for 7 days (Figure 2a, 64 hours, and data not shown). When transferred into a lethally irradiated syngeneic recipient, B6 (Ly5.1) T cells undergo not more than three cell cycles in 64 hours, which is in agreement with the slow proliferation described previously for homeostatic proliferation of mature T cells in lymphopenic hosts

I also have The METHOD OF EXPANDING DOUBLE NEGATIVE T CELLS, if you would want that as well!!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hang on. i gotta gather my head a bit. Not to sound like a clod.........but i'm getting a bit confused.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
About what specifically ? this way Lance can narrow it down for us.
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
noooooooooooooooo................don't be sorry.
I've stepped out of my realm of things easily understood, and it takes me a while to wrap my head around it.

Senario--non irradiated specimen as doner
non irradiated speciment as host
allogenic transferrance. But can't be bone marrow. Must be simple tissue, blood plasma, or infusion.

Simply put............possible?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From what I am deducing...yes.. had a thought.. and it darned ran away from me,... sheesh...
Janie

Latest posts