• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does anyone have information on T-cells

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm confused some when it comes to B cell and T cell interaction. Any insight there?

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
T cell-dependent B cell activation

B cells obtain help from T cells in the antibody response by acting as antigen-specific antigen presenting cells. A direct signal through binding of antigen to membrane Ig can enhance B cell antigen presentation and T-dependent B cell activation, but is not required for a productive interaction between a small resting B cell and a differentiated helper T cell. As a result of helper T cell recognition of antigen on the B cell surface, the T cell becomes activated and in turn activates the B cell. T cell help has two components: lymphokines which act as growth and differentiation factors for B cells, and additional signals which require cell contact and enable B cells to respond to lymphokines. Contact help activity is regulated like lymphokine synthesis and secretion. Because contact help activity is retained by fixed, activated helper T cells and plasma membranes prepared from activated T cells, contact help is likely to be owing to new proteins expressed as membrane-bound lymphokines or activation antigens on helper T cells. Once induced, contact help can be delivered to B cells independently of recognition of antigen/class II MHC. A newly identified activation antigen of helper T cells, a ligand for the B cell differentiation antigen, CD40, is a key component of contact help. The roles of other T and B cell membrane molecules in contact help are reviewed!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ok...........so they do not stand a chance of destroying the B cells due to the recognition of the antigen. Gotcha.

Now, if T cells were taken from say ..............a chimp, and transferred to a human............are they compatable or do you have graph vs. host?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it DNA that determines if a host and graph are of compatable attributes? Or is it only likenesses in that DNA chain?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well then how in the name of Gomer did a pig and a chimp become compatable? I've heard of cross breeding......................but ewwwwwwwww.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
anybody happen to have a beach house i can escape to? my head really hurts. lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
let me talk to my inlaws see if they will loan ya one of the 3 they have up at the jersey shore lol (i prefer their log cabin at the elk mountain though way more tranquil course im a bit of a hermit lol)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do typical graph items such as organ tissue, plasma, etc contain B and T cells or do they die off in relocation or proceedure?

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
Do typical graph items such as organ tissue, plasma, etc contain B and T cells or do they die off in relocation or proceedure?

OK, I spoke with the bloodwork nurse and she said that the B and T cells remain in the tissue!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
interesting.
What natural responses other than auto immune deficiency causes the T cells to attack the body if any? (meaning negatively)

and what testing do they do complete to make sure the transfer is acceptable to the patient and not rejected? other than a bone marrow test

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice,
if you've done any kind of school work or reading on this............feel free to chime in. I'm sure there are thousands of questions i'm failing to ask, but need to, and know for certian that there are points i will miss as well.
So if anyone thinks of anything .............I'm sure it can apply here.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if i find any info in my books gina, i will send u the actual book...they are PDF. files as well as the physical book

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Gina I will have to get back to you on that one. Their is just some things I don't know! LOL, but we will all work as a team to find it out.. Candice I also would love to look at that if you would not mind.

Latest posts