• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diarrhea stool maybe? / Hello everyone!

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everybody! I’m new here, im brian,
I just wanted to say hello. But besides that, I have a question on my bearded dragon’s stool. It looks really watery and not firm like other photos. Thanks for the help. Also, it might affect the poop that my female bearded dragon, about 2 years old, is sleeping during the day. the temps are 95 about in the basking area, and 71 on the cooler side. I have one heat lamp, and a uvb “tube” sort of light. She eats red leaf lettuce and superworms as her daily usual diet. And the floor, idk if this matters, is newspaper, but has tile.
thanks so much for help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
What have you been feeding him
She usually eats superworms and red leaf lettuce, but I recently gave her less than a quarter of a banana just as a snack. She’s also for some reason sleeping alot during the day only today, but it’s cloudy and ”rainy” out, idk if that effects it

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Agree with @Bostonfinest
The red lettuce is likely over hydrating causing the runny stools.
Collards and Mustard greens are available at almost every grocery store :)
And Welcome to The Bearded Dragon Forum!

update- i think shes acting weird, she’s sleeping all day, and not very reactive, cause she ate some bananas. i gave Her Not so much, but she ate it all and recently pooped ALOT. Just like the picture above, she pooped again, which looked the same. Then she pooped one more time, and it was undigested banana. The banana is really yellow.

is there something I should be afraid of about over ripened bananas? They weren’t too brown, but I thought they were fine. Even after pooping the bananas out, she’s acting weird and sleepy still.

im really worried for her because she’s never acted like this, even when she’s eared bananas before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
update- i think shes acting weird, she’s sleeping all day, and not very reactive, cause she ate some bananas. i gave Her Not so much, but she ate it all and recently pooped ALOT. Just like the picture above, she pooped again, which looked the same. Then she pooped one more time, and it was undigested banana. The banana is really yellow.

is there something I should be afraid of about over ripened bananas? They weren’t too brown, but I thought they were fine. Even after pooping the bananas out, she’s acting weird and sleepy still.

im really worried for her because she’s never acted like this, even when she’s eared bananas before.
Is there anything I should do???

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know it is difficult right now because of the Quarantine situation, but I would take her to the Vet. Did she ever have a fecal exam for parasites

I really wish I could take her to the vet, but yes the quarantine situation doesn’t allow me to. Even if there was no quarantine, the vets are usually really expensive right. I really wish I could bring her to the vet, because I want her to feel better, but it’s expensive.

do you think there is anything I could do at home? She’s not eating at all right now, and still sleeping all day, even when it’s not raining (so that was not it). I’ve heard people say that bananas are high in phosphorous, so do you think maybe that’s why? Should I give her extra calcium now? And does metabolic bone disease have any symptoms like sleeping besides physical stuff? Thank you if you know

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Vet visits aren't all that expensive. I think the last time I went it was around 100 bucks for an exam and fecal test...That was also 10 years ago

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
I really wish I could take her to the vet, but yes the quarantine situation doesn’t allow me to. Even if there was no quarantine, the vets are usually really expensive right. I really wish I could bring her to the vet, because I want her to feel better, but it’s expensive.

do you think there is anything I could do at home? She’s not eating at all right now, and still sleeping all day, even when it’s not raining (so that was not it). I’ve heard people say that bananas are high in phosphorous, so do you think maybe that’s why? Should I give her extra calcium now? And does metabolic bone disease have any symptoms like sleeping besides physical stuff? Thank you if you know
Vet visits isn’t that expensive at all and they do have insurance for pets available.

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Vet visits isn’t that expensive at all and they do have insurance for pets available.

do you know how much an average visit might be now? And another update- i gave her one extra lamp, and she’s a bit more alert.
at this moment I realized that one of her bulb went out, each are 100 watts. so I gave her two, cause more heat is probably better than not enough.

She pooped again and it looks mushy compared to the banana stool. I might try to go to the vet, but I’m only a teen, and can’t drive. only one person is allowed to leave the house at a time. : /

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
If the vet does find parasites or whatever, what do they do? Do they prescribe a medicine? Is there a way I could buy that medicine instead? she doesn’t want to eat nor even drink water when I spray some on her.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
If the vet does find parasites or whatever, what do they do? Do they prescribe a medicine? Is there a way I could buy that medicine instead? she doesn’t want to eat nor even drink water when I spray some on her.
I would recommend a full exam because technically they should see a vet every 6 months and because beardies eat live bugs the chances is high for parastes especially if you feed yours crickets. The will give you a tube to put her feces in after you scoop it up you bring it to the Vet to be tested, if they find something they will prescribe medicine for her

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would recommend a full exam because technically they should see a vet every 6 months and because beardies eat live bugs the chances is high for parastes especially if you feed yours crickets. The will give you a tube to put her feces in after you scoop it up you bring it to the Vet to be tested, if they find something they will prescribe medicine for her

alreightey, I’ll try my best to get to a vet. would I have to go to a exotics vet or something? I’ve never been. Guessing petco or petsmart doesnt have.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
alreightey, I’ll try my best to get to a vet. would I have to go to a exotics vet or something? I’ve never been. Guessing petco or petsmart doesnt have.
Google exotics vets in your area and just call around to see if they take reptiles.

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Google exotics vets in your area and just call around to see if they take reptiles.

one more update- she just pooped again, but it was REALLY WEIRD. It was completely water. Some brown parts, very, very little, but it was all water.

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
one more update- she just pooped again, but it was REALLY WEIRD. It was completely water. Some brown parts, very, very little, but it was all water.

i couldn’t find any articles or forum threads about this, it’s like it’s a whole new thing I just discovered. It was completely see through water... I think it is because of the red leaf lettuce, you guys are right, but it’s not like ive been giving excessive amounts.

Latest posts