• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleopatra's Babies are hatching (day 66 or night 65 whatever)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So yay! Last clutch in the incubator is starting to hatch out :D. Let's see if we get any leatherback babies with this clutch, huh? That would be way awesome! Here's a pic or two of the first baby. More will come in the morning, I'm sure. The eggs are all sweating like pigs (that expression really makes no sense when you think about it) but here ya go:

IMG_2157.jpg

And a much better, and more clear one:
IMG_2158.jpg

I know I said I wasn't gonna, but here's two more. Apparently we have another one that's gonna be pushing it's head out soon!
IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Cool Congrats! Looking forward to the Pics ...
Yeah, I'm not staying up tonight though. I'm about to fall asleep at the computer. Would love to get more.... DANG IT!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, I've got a picture overload here! I woke up to find 3 of the babies fully hatched and 4 more with their noses or more out. Yay! This is totally going to be my best turnout, I think Zen turned everything around when she told me to put a lid on them THANK YOU! BIG shout out to her. I guess now I have that many more mouths to feed... but still. Baby pics!

This is what I saw when I went to check on them this morning:
IMG_2163.jpg

Look at all those collapsed eggs! Those are either hatched or have babies hatching out of them right now.
IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

These guys all feel so smooth at this stage! If I had to guess I would say they were leatherbacks, but lets wait til they get a bit older before we say for sure.
IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

Reactions: Jp

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Status update for those baby lovers: 5 hatched and 4 heads out. Much better turn out from a clutch of only 13 eggs then the others. Again, Thank you, Germ and Zen!!!!! I really appreciate all of your help in getting my baby raising up to par. Now lets hope this is the last clutch... ever. I want to sell the incubator and never mess with it again. Love raising the little guys but they eat me out of house and home. I'm probably going to be buying 2 boxes/week to feed these lil ones.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, more pics... I know, I'm a spaz.

More baby hatching photos:
IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

This one is the most alert so far. She's a gorgeous hypo!
IMG_2179.jpg

They are SOOoooo tiny when they get started! I'll take a generations later with cass's first, second, and cleo's clutch along with the adults so you can see the difference.
IMG_2181.jpg

This one so far is the looker of the bunch. She's got a gorgeous red head and is a hypo:
IMG_2182.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Might be a little early yet to tell for sure yet on the 'Hypo', Claw color could change yet.

Great pics, keep 'em coming. Never tire of hatching & newborn pics. Once again, Congrats!!! & here comes your Celebratory Buddy ;) ....

dance_baby_dance.gif

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure about any of that hypo... or whatever... stuff. All I know is that one of the ones that appeared to be a hypo from cass' last clutch has started to look gorgeous and has continued to get more and more of those hypo traits.

Thank you for the dancing banana :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We now have 6 fully hatched babies... I think the entire clutch is going to hatch! I'm so excited! I'm down to only 3 full eggs that don't have noses sticking out at least, if they haven't hatched. Germ and Zen, you're both so awesome and have such great advice! Now who's going to help me feed them??? Any takers??? LOL! Oh! I should post a pic of the most recent addition.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, here's the lot of the hatched ones so far:
IMG_2190.jpg

And here's the newest hatchling crawling out of its shell:
IMG_2183.jpg

And when it's all said and done I think this one is going to most closely resemble its mommy:
IMG_2191.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Love the pics Aleena. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to share. Makes us feel like we are part of it, part of the family :D. I checked mine today, one of the smaller eggs looks like it might not be good, time will tell. So happy that these are hatching so much better & are doing well.
icon_thumright-1.gif
Now who's going to help me feed them??? Any takers??? LOL!
If you can figure a way to get them from here to there, I have a super overabundance of roaches for them ;).

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Love the pics Aleena. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to share. Makes us feel like we are part of it, part of the family :D. I checked mine today, one of the smaller eggs looks like it might not be good, time will tell. So happy that these are hatching so much better & are doing well.
icon_thumright-1.gif
If you can figure a way to get them from here to there, I have a super overabundance of roaches for them ;).
I have a hard enough time with crickets, Germ LOL. And you're gonna need your Discoids for your new babies when they hatch. But if anyone has any ideas on live shipping, I do have an extra 10 gallon that's quite secure that I could keep them in.

Keep in mind, Germ, that it is her first clutch. Not all of them will turn out, unfortunately. I used to keep them til they had mold on them just to make sure that they were bad.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, you're probably getting tired of this, but I think that ALL of these babies are going to hatch!!! WOW, am I totally STOKED!!!! All of the eggs but one has started to hatch. I even got a video of one of them moving around in their egg and trying to push out, but gave up at 4 minutes when it hadn't made it that far yet. I do have more pics though! There are now 7 hatched and 5 hatching.
Here's the main pic showing that this is all that's left unhatched... one lonely egg in the middle so far not hatching, but it has plenty of time.
IMG_2198.jpg

And the newest addition to the clutch... or at least I think it is. There have been so many I can't be positive.
IMG_2195.jpg

Such pretty patterning as well!
IMG_2197.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, now have all 5 of the remaining eggs currently hatching and 8 babies hatched. Will post a pic of the new little guy when my camera has charged a bit.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
More pics! I had to resuscitate this little guy this morning, guess it crawled out of its egg and just gave up. It was curled up on its back in that position that crickets get in when they've kicked the bucket. I just spent the whole time thinking: I don't know how to resuscitate a BD, WHAT AM I DOING????!!!! (yes, I yell at myself in my head frequently. get over it.) After manually moving its limbs around to circulate blood, many belly rubs and finally lots of squirts with the mister, it zipped off my hand, finally breathing. Thank the gods I got to it in time! And thank heavens it worked! Anyhow, here is a couple photos of the champ, one of him crawling out of his egg last night! Must have taken it forever to decide to get out of that thing and stop breathing.

Here's the champ crawling out of its egg:
IMG_2199.jpg

Look how pretty he is!
IMG_2200.jpg

Would have been a shame if this one didn't make it. I would probably have cried, the big baby that I am. He's gorgeous.
IMG_2201.jpg

All 12 of them starting to become a little bit more alert this morning! Can't wait!
IMG_2202.jpg

Last one out's the rotten egg! But this one looks like it's gonna be so pretty! You can see the pile of discarded egg sacs in the upper left, this is really the only one that hasn't decided to finish the job.
IMG_2204.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Appear to have some cool color variations between them. Gonna be tough to let them go!

Go! Pokey! Go!

Maybe saved the best for last, got some strong markings.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Appear to have some cool color variations between them. Gonna be tough to let them go!

Go! Pokey! Go!

Maybe saved the best for last, got some strong markings.
Certainly does! He's hatched out now, I have a few pics, I'll post em in a minute.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay guys, ALL of the 13 from this clutch have now hatched. I have a few closing pics I would like to share with you, though there will probably be a bath pic from later today because I can't seem to get the vermiculite off of them all the way and I'm sure it wouldn't be good for them to accidentally ingest it, as well as clean out the incubator tray.

Here's the last one crawling out of the hatching tray:
IMG_2205.jpg

And, you're right Germ, he does have awesome patterning!
IMG_2206.jpg

Such energy out of the egg as well! I couldn't hardly get this guy to hold still for a photo.
IMG_2207.jpg

A picture of all 13 in the crowded incubator which they have to sit in for a few days. Have you ever seen such a wide variety of colors and patterns out of one clutch?
IMG_2209.jpg

That's all she wrote. First bath pics to come later.

Latest posts