• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Castiel's First Clutch 12/24/11 3 months later...

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
Sometimes I wonder how friendly a new little dragon can be when raised from the very beginning. I bet alot easier.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes I wonder how friendly a new little dragon can be when raised from the very beginning. I bet alot easier.
You're probably right :) This little guy that hatched we can't keep him contained. Took him out to take pics and he up and vanished on us. He keeps looking out of the glass on the incubator like he's sayin let me out let me out! So eager to see everything. Gonna be a handful! The other ones are takin their sweet time about hatching.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We only have 4 hatched out so far though. I'll post more up when there's more of them :D. Some of them are gonna be prettier then their momma. We have one more nose sticking out too :D I've been so exhausted that this is the first time I've gotten on today.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, we have 5 hatchlings now. 2 are doing rather well and even chasing after pin heads a little. The other three are still in the incubator for the time being. Pictures to come, my husband thinks I'm a nut. Just can't get enough of these cuties!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Does anyone have tips on keeping hatchlings for a few weeks til they move on to their next home? I really could use it! I know breeders don't buy separate cages for each individual little guy, so how do you do it without getting toe and tail nips? How do I keep them away from eachother? I had one almost try to bite the others head... then it decided it wouldn't fit I guess cuz it went away. I can use plexi glass to section off a 20L into two parts, but don't think it would give them enough room if I did more then that. I have a small amount of veggies offered, setup is very basic with paper towels and some flatish rocks to keep the paper towels down so the pin heads won't get under it and hide. One stick to get closer to the light, and one fairly open hidey.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think most breeders keep them in separate groups of 5 or 6 to lessen the competition.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Would be better than all in a bunch, providing all groups have the required basking heat & uvb coverage. There is no guarantee, any size group will have risks of nips & amputations, the smaller the group, the less the risk, but the risk is always there. One of the hazards of the business.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Would be better than all in a bunch, providing all groups have the required basking heat & uvb coverage. There is no guarantee, any size group will have risks of nips & amputations, the smaller the group, the less the risk, but the risk is always there. One of the hazards of the business.
That's why i was going to do it long ways, cuz the basking light and uvb can be placed in the middle, heat on one end.

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
I think I'm a clutch stalker. I totally get on here to see if there are any baby pics. U guys have made me a clutch stalker.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think I'm a clutch stalker. I totally get on here to see if there are any baby pics. U guys have made me a clutch stalker.
I have more. Would you like to see them? My husband keeps making fun of me because I can't stop taking pics of them.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

That should hold you over. The three that are in the dish are the ones still in the incubator, the two in the tank were hatched out on St. Pattys.... the one in the dish apparently didn't get posted, hang on.

Latest posts