• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Gulping

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
She seems to do both at the same time. I did not realize they do them separately. In that case, not sure if the pee smells, but I'm sure its the poop that smells. She may pee more than I realize then, I just don't see it!

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
Yes, she is more active outside the cage. Well I'm not sure if it's "knock you over" stink but is is certainly a different kinda skink than dog poop. Certainly hits my gag reflex though, ha ha.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes they do poop and pee at the same time. Mine just pee's without poop thru out the day but mine is still young at 13 weeks. I'm sure the poop is fine. It does have a bad smell reminds me of fresh cat poop. Lol

If she's more active outside of the cage that leads me to believe she's is too hot and needs air circulation. I can take pictures of how I have mine set up when I get home if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
Yes they do poop and pee at the same time. Mine just pee's without poop thru out the day but mine is still young at 13 weeks. I'm sure the poop is fine. It does have a bad smell reminds me of fresh cat poop. Lol

If she's more active outside of the cage that leads me to believe she's is too hot and needs air circulation. I can take pictures of how I have mine set up when I get home if you like.

I hope that it is just the heat thing. Hopefully once I fix the things wrong with her cage she will bounce back.

I would love to see how your cage is set up. I will post my cage setup when I am done changing it up. Thank you!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I hope that it is just the heat thing. Hopefully once I fix the things wrong with her cage she will bounce back.

I would love to see how your cage is set up. I will post my cage setup when I am done changing it up. Thank you!

I am home now and will take pictures of his enclosure and post them for you. I also use a mercury vapor bulb, along with a basking bulb, the repti sun 10.0 and I have the CHE going for heat. Ever since I added the fan to circulate the air he had went from zero to 2 dubia's to 6-10 now. His appetite has doubled!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Here is Wally's set up!

cf53f5c7eb98694101dfe6aab72f1c8c.jpg

43bec5e2c96b1c0d7ec3b4b47e63f962.jpg

3fedae062d506fb420e3ce82b5f7803a.jpg

0f752e48cc98cdf4f273c1852454442f.jpg

25bf1fdaf733b3ae8e02d1ac1ec25b28.jpg

8b8b74ded223f1a59399d2dc97bd4e11.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
12ffbfa4cb5e93301e549acb4a4e3b4e.jpg

This was taken last night. He will sleep there about every other night. At lights out I get him out for cuddles and rub his back for about an hour and then I put him in his bed, cover him up and rub his back for a few minutes and then lock him up. 9 times out of 10 he will stay there all night long. There are the occasionally nights he gets up and goes in his cave.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awesome tank! I love the ladder, it is a great touch! Wally is such a cute little guy :) Does he really sleep on the bed?

Thank you! He will climb up the ladder too! I have a picture of him climbing the ladder but it won't let me post it? I will take another picture of him there next time he does it and try to post that one.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That is so adorable! Thanks for posting it! :bd:

You are welcome, and thank you.

I do hope you can get the heat sorted out. I'm thinking that when she is out of her cage cuz you said she is more active when she is out that the heat is the problem. Good luck and keep us posted!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would get a temp gun to measure your temps with, so easy to just point and see what the temps are in a certain spot. In my tanks I also use these digital humidity gauges, I got them on Amazon for like $10 and it shows you the humidity and the temp on the side of the tank that you have it sitting on. I would get rid of the water bowl. Your dragon will get enough hydration from the bugs that it eats and the veggies and drinking in the bath. Bathroom habits are different per dragon. I have three, when they were younger they all went once or twice a day and as they got older things changed. My 3 year old only goes once a week in a bath and my 2 year old goes every other day and my rescue goes a few times a week. If you are noticing real stinky poop then there is a possibility it has parasites and should be treated. If you are noticing urate without poop then your dragon is probably pretty hydrated. My boy just leaves urate when he has had too many hornworms, so I don't feed him too many.

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
Got rid of the water bowl, bought a new temp/humidity gauge, took the cover off the lid, cleaned the cage. The spot temp is at 102 and the cool side is at 80. Humidity is at 38%. Here's a pic of her tank now:

Attachments

• 20160802_183256.jpg
    20160802_183256.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts