• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon egg

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Awesome! Sounds like you will have tiny Dragons running around before too long...please keep us posted and congrats.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry i did not take pics of the eggs.
What ratio of water/vermic? How did you accomplish this?
Unless they are hatching soon. You dont want wet eggs. You can lightly sprinkle some athletes foot powder on top to stop mold.

What temps are you incubating at?

Note: I dont know if you are constantly taking the container out or adding more water or pretty much anything. Truly it is best to keep the door or lid which ever you have on the incubator, shut. Only opening the container to wipe the condensation under the lid. Opening it a lot will cause the the vermic to dry out much quicker. Then all this will be for nothing :/

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
I put enough vermiculite in so i xould clump it but no water would drip out.i will check the vermiculite later and let u know. Have any pics of yours at a month? I also wanted to know if they have died would they keep growing like the living ones? Mine r.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
K it is good. Is it possible that it os to hard to see the veins? When i candle the egg there is a dark shape stuck to the top and possibly a vein in one but it vage. Can the eggs grow when they die because i think mine have grown. What do u think.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
here is a picture of them today. they have all grown considerably and are dark. they all have a shape attached to the top. tomorrow they are a month old and they have been at 84 from the beginning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
They look really dark to me but I don't know anything about breeding but I am sure Germ will be around soon to give you an answer.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any eggs i can relate to from personal experience have not shown what i believe is neonate formation like that. I believe still you are able to see this for one of two or maybe both reasons. 1. Dam's nutrition during egg production 2. Improper moisture.

Depending on how much you have kept the incubator open your eggs will hatch right at around the 60 day mark @ 84*

I am wondering if the shell will be to soft/elastic for the neonates to break through.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
me to. well anyhting else will help and i will keep you posted. any requestes for pics will be welcome.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
how big should the average egg be at 1 month? also, would the embryo look like a blob attached to a part of the egg at a month? thankds.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok so i went through and found a vein i think. is this a vein. are they alive and can it just be hard to see the veins.

image.jpg

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
yes, they were housed together so i dont know when they mated and the first clutch was all infertile because is was the females first time. they havent been together since that first clutch

mayhmmaydn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello ! Ive been reading thru the forum and came upon something that has happened to me. I have seen clutches that this happened to also years ago. When your eggs are dug up you need to carefully place them in the same orientation you dug them up in. Same side up and approximate angle. Once you have placed them in the vermiculite for incubation you should leave them alone. You can candle them from the sides to see if you have proof of fertility which should happen within a the first few days actually. You can see small lines , veins etc forming. The embryo will attach within the shell and the yolk will be positioned generally below it or to the side. If you handle them often or roughly you can actually cause the little critter to pull away from the side and die. It can rip the cellular formation. You also do not want to turn or rotate them for this will change the way the yolk sits within and actually drown them in their own yolk. I have seen this happen in clutches and its heartbreaking to get almost there to have them die from improper handling. Usually at about a month to 6 weeks you should be able to see small movement within by candleing from the sides. Do not pick them up and hold them over lights. this risks dropping them and also detaching them . Its a fascinating process and so easy to get excited about but its important to give our little guys the best opportunity to grow strong and healthy. It is very different from bird eggs and several other reptiles. Its best to practice patience. Make sure there is plenty of room between them in the brooding substrate so you can candle them safely . Also be careful how long or strongly you hold the light to the shell. In some instances with weak calcium in the shells the diodes, leds or other lights can burn, tear or poke holes in the eggs resulting in loss also. I wish you the best and hope your experience is positive. May

Latest posts