• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon egg

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello, i am new here and am looking for some advice on my bearded dragon eggs. this is my second clutch ever and the first was infertile. this one looks better bt its been awhile and i cant accurately tell if they are fertiler or not. so i will add photos so you can see the appearance and whats inside. they are 2 weeks old and there is something visible inside. their are 16. fetile or not? thanks.....View attachment 4743 View attachment 4744 View attachment 4745 View attachment 4747

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Since I cannot really look at the pics. There are ways to tell if they're fertile. You can candle them and see if there's veins inside, the eggs are white and not an off-white. I haven't had any eggs yet from my female that are infertile. She hasn't had the 'urges to dig or eat less' or even 'poop less'. Just don't tell her yet. I guess she's not ready to lay eggs. But I think any adults over a year can and will. Mine hasn't brumated this year. She still eats the same.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
i tried again but i dont know what to do if this doesnt work. it goes to an error once i upload the photos, anyone know of anotheer wway

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2d.jpg

They look like they may have been fertile at one time, but to me, they do not appear to be healthy or even alive at the time of the photos being taken.

The thermometers that you are using are not suited for this application & will not give you accurate temps. Even if they were accurate, the temps are not near warm enough, should be in the vicinity of the optimal temps of 82-88F. Digital thermometers with a remote sensor\probe is a much better choice.

A few links that you may find of interest ...
TO BREED OR NOT TO BREED: A REALITY CHECK
LAY BIN SETUP
EGG LAYING & THE THINGS THAT YOU WILL NEED

Are you housing the Male with the Female constantly?

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have another one outside to measure humidity and temp that is attached to the lid and a digital one i took out to take the picture. i have it at 82 degrees incase of the heat in my room makes the heat spike up in the incubator. do you think any of the 16 may survive? if you want any other photo just tell me what they are of. why are the eggs the color they are? i was told it was because of calcium and i was also told from others that they are fine. thanks.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
the thing is thatt they were seperated around a year ago and the first infertile clutch was laid a month after so why were they laid so late now? i know that they store sperm for an extended period o time but this long?

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
They were seperate about a year ago and the eggs came after like i said together, before that tey were together for a month or two. Thanks for the help, i was really stuck on this clutch. Is tha color from calcium or something?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, the grey/darker coloring you see is probably the growing neonate. You being able to see this is probably from low calcium levels within the female during the time she produced the eggs.

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
there is no sign of veins to me but the tops are getting increasingly darker. doe this mean they are growing?

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
I hOpe they are fertile to as i hace asked other breeders and have had a range of responses. Any other comments are welcome and will be much appreciated

patches3

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are Just as dark and one is wet on top but not sweating. They are getting bigger and will be a month old next week.

Latest posts