• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon dont grow.

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here are some pics. Of his growth

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-211915_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-211915_Samsung Notes.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210526-211906_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-211906_Samsung Notes.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 23

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is too small for meal worms -- please get him some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com do not dust them they are calcium enriched-- add them to his salads feed as many as he wants - another good staple feeder are dubiaroaches they will need to be dusted w/ calcium D 3 5 x per day ONCE per feeding and vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding--
www.dubiaroaches.com
I get super tiny meal worms . I will try something.g else but so far I've had no luck I do pin head crickets when he will take them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I get super tiny meal worms . I will try something.g else but so far I've had no luck I do pin head crickets when he will take them.
Get him some dubias- and try and find him some small super worms- a variety of greens worms and insects will help him get the nutrition he needs to grow along w/ good UVB and basking temps

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Get him some dubias- and try and find him some small super worms- a variety of greens worms and insects will help him get the nutrition he needs to grow along w/ good UVB and basking temps
I just ordered small bsfl. I will update on how he does with them.. I do greens and repti boost it has vitamins in it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just ordered small bsfl. I will update on how he does with them.. I do greens and repti boost it has vitamins in it.
Ok the bsfl are going to be really tiny I was thinking he could eat medium-

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Maybe he has a parasite? A lot of the time parasites taking away nutrition from the host and it can cause them to either loose weight or stunt their growth. Could be why he had a calcium deficiency too if the parasites were taking away calcium that his body needed, just a thought. I know you said no reptile vets are taking in new reptiles but maybe try a normal vet, all you need is a fecal sample kit, which you can get from any vet. My cleopatra had coccidia when I first rescued her but I didn’t know at first because she was still putting on weight. Could be a similar affect with your beardie. Hope I was able to help :)

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maybe he has a parasite? A lot of the time parasites taking away nutrition from the host and it can cause them to either loose weight or stunt their growth. Could be why he had a calcium deficiency too if the parasites were taking away calcium that his body needed, just a thought. I know you said no reptile vets are taking in new reptiles but maybe try a normal vet, all you need is a fecal sample kit, which you can get from any vet. My cleopatra had coccidia when I first rescued her but I didn’t know at first because she was still putting on weight. Could be a similar affect with your beardie. Hope I was able to help :)
Thank you.. he became calcium deficient because he stopped eating crickets he has gotten really skinny then after the force feeding and getting him on worms he has been great. I will call local vets and c if they can help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you.. he became calcium deficient because he stopped eating crickets he has gotten really skinny then after the force feeding and getting him on worms he has been great. I will call local vets and c if they can help.
I dont know if parasites would cause dragons not to grow but not eating would --- the person I consulted said she thought he was a runt -- if you decide to take him to the vet please take a poop sample in DO NOT LET THEM DO AN ENEMA ON HIM --- he is way too small and it could kill him as small as he is -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I dont know if parasites would cause dragons not to grow but not eating would --- the person I consulted said she thought he was a runt -- if you decide to take him to the vet please take a poop sample in DO NOT LET THEM DO AN ENEMA ON HIM --- he is way too small and it could kill him as small as he is -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267
I just remember from biology class that if a child and mammals have a parasite in them it can stunt their growth. So I thought it could be the same with lizards... anyways we’ll see. Please keep us posted on your beardie and his vet visit

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Maybe he got the parasite from the crickets. I know one of my friend’s beardies got it from crickets and was completely deterred from them after that, it’s been 3 years and he still will rarely have crickets. Maybe that’s why your beardie isn’t a fan of them now... just a thought. Again let’s not jump to conclusions until we get test results back :)

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feel hes eating well now and has done a full body shed recently after I changed lights and diet so he I now thriving.. I got him a flukers repta calcium with vitamin D3 to all to his diet. And some pin head crickets. Waiting for his BSFL to come in the mail.

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feel hes eating well now and has done a full body shed recently after I changed lights and diet so he I now thriving.. I got him a flukers repta calcium with vitamin D3 to all to his diet. And some pin head crickets. Waiting for his BSFL to come in the mail.
He eats fine now the not eating was when I first got him and it was only for about 4 days and he started the wierd head vibration that was back in January.

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
So top is 4 weeks ago. Bottom left is 2 weeks ago and right is just now.. I also c his tail is starting a shed. Do u see growth?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210529-174223_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-174223_Samsung Notes.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 26

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
His eyes look good, he looks hydrated but Idk if im buying these two beardies are the same age, I apologize if im wrong, but he is just so small,.. how can they be the same age.
I just got a 9 month old that is that small. I'm assuming because the breeder said he was kept in a ten gallon with a bunch of babies. This is him in a lid from a 30 oz coffee can

Attachments

• 9E25E678-B82A-43C2-B530-E9B3AB2C761C.jpeg
    9E25E678-B82A-43C2-B530-E9B3AB2C761C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just got a 9 month old that is that small. I'm assuming because the breeder said he was kept in a ten gallon with a bunch of babies. This is him in a lid from a 30 oz coffee can
He looks good for being kept in w/ a bunch of others- it's good you rescued him the others cannot be doing that good in a 10 gallon - that is totally inappropriate--

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He eats fine now the not eating was when I first got him and it was only for about 4 days and he started the wierd head vibration that was back in January.
Does he still do the weird head vibration? And for the picture there definitely seems to be some growth from the week 4 picture to present. Because it’s so slow, it does feel like something could be hindering it, I feel like the best thing would be to take him to the vet but I know because of COVID that’s a bit of a challenge hopefully another one will be able to look at him

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
He will eat the BSFL, they are really wiggly & he will thrive on them. They are natural antibiotics, keep the dragon hydrated & no need to feed them. Don't put on the fridge door as some say you can because I kept my fridge as warm as It states & they died. Keep them barely moist in a cricket keeper in used (not real wet) in a cooler spot like basement & they keep for a long time.
FLUKERSFARM.COM has the best price but pay the additional $25 to ship overnight through FedEx or UPS with the warmer weather they won't survive shipping for many days. These are the bestest feeders for your lil guy & he will love them.

Order the medium with flukers. The large are fairly large & the smalls are micro or order the small & feed them damp frozen veggies on a small lid & they grow fast.

Please oh please-no more mealworms. They seem fine but you have just been very very lucky. They have hard shells that can't be digested & can seriously harm or kill him. I'm so scared for him. Even the larger one can't digest these. They say after they become adults but Im scared to ever try them. Please Google search the devastating consequences of feeding these so you can see that we are only saying this because we care.
Best wishes on the cutest lil guy I've ever seen!

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
He looks good for being kept in w/ a bunch of others- it's good you rescued him the others cannot be doing that good in a 10 gallon - that is totally inappropriate--
He is the one the breeder said burned his eyes by a too hot lamp being left on for three days while he vacationed. I was told to spray his face a lot to moisten the eyes & he would be fine. grrr
I bought him bcuz I felt bad for him & another that's only a few weeks old.
If only I were rich so I could rescue them all.
My first & last reptile expo. I'm still bothered by the many adults bent in half in tiny plastic cups with no way of stretching, no warmth, no water & all placed side by side.
Horrid & extremely extremely sad.
Should have someone of authority walking around ensuring these reptiles are being treated humanely. It was traumatizing for me & can't stop thinking about the poor babies.
No animal deserves to be treated that way but especially dragons who are just special in every way.

C.vosburgh89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does he still do the weird head vibration? And for the picture there definitely seems to be some growth from the week 4 picture to present. Because it’s so slow, it does feel like something could be hindering it, I feel like the best thing would be to take him to the vet but I know because of COVID that’s a bit of a challenge hopefully another one will be able to look at him
No that stopped as soon as I got him eating again so only a cpl days and only a few times. I also had to put stuff around his tank die to glass surfing his reflection. He seems to be doing much better now that I changed his lighting. The 4 weeks was will light change.

Latest posts