• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zuri approved

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405311254.681937.jpg
made zuri a hammock and she really likes it so far...she isn't black I promise just a spot of shed

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Where did you get the dimensions or did you just freestyle it? Oh and what kind of fabric? I was thinking of making my beardies some. They seem intimidated by the green ones sold in pet stores.
Thanks!

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
I just free did it and I went to the fabric store and got some remnants. I just tried to find a fabric that would be the most durable and washable but not like slippery.

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Awesome! I think I might try using like a canvas material of some sort. I'm terrible at following measurements etc. , so kinda excited to freestyle it! Thanks for the info!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We actually took one of the green ones and covered it with cloth it was so easy to do.

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
We actually took one of the green ones and covered it with cloth it was so easy to do.
I have a green one that camber and lulu both love to lounge on but the corners have become weak and often times come off the suction cup things. Probably because I have two chubby adults laying on it constantly but I want to make them each their own hammock but a little more sturdier then the green ones!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@ilovebeardies that's one of the problems we had. Dexter loved her hammock but it started ripping at the suction cups. I took some plastic jewelry thread and sewed it all back up real tight to the suction cups. It held real good. Then when we realized her ripped nails may have been caused by the mesh, my boyfriend sewed an old t-shirt over the mesh!

Eventually we scrapped the whole thing. We were in a reptile store and found an extra large magnetic ledge for her.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like he dropped there during his bask and went to sleep when the lights went out. Drop where they bask is a common occurrence among beardies and you've got to wonder: "Is that really comfortable?" They really know how to get into these funny positions.

Latest posts