• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ZOOMED REPTIFOGGER KILLED MY PETS

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ive owned two healthy red eyed crocodile skinks(which Id had for over a year) and they were murdered by this product that decided 4 months after being purchased was a good time to malfunction and steam cook my favorite animals.i havent gotten a response back even from zoomed and was better off before i wasted money on that overpriced,faulty POS.I'm urging everyone who raises tropical animals to either keep 1/4 of their enclosures with a running water w filter setup and to avoid the "zoomed reptifogger".i feel let down and pissed off knowing a company that can simply sell it's name is releasing this.no i didnt push the product to its limits and its not supposed to boil the liquid prior to releasing steam and always released cool fog up until the day it went to crap and murdered my two animals i did everything i could for.RIP Cash and Rio

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well...I personally wouldnt.stick with exoterra or some euro brand.The customer service rep denied anyone ever reported this problem and seemed skeptical but Ive seen reviews and read of it simply short circuiting after a few months.I'm pissed now because the guy sent a snotty email and said zoomed would be glad to send a prepaid shipping label so i could send back the fogger so they could diagnose it.I guess they stick to their 90 warranty even if it kills your animals.I wasnt wanting compensation for my 200 dollar pets or looking for any kind of ridiculous money...I wanted just a benefit of a doubt and he seems very skeptical of my complaint and was even snotty in an email.Id rather have a product die on me and stop working instead of killing two animals I grew to honestly "love" and care for.Mine were sociable and it took maybe half a year of dedication just to get them to that point-they were never stressed as they readily accepted hand feeding and would even prop up like little dogs against their enclosure door when it neared feeding time.I mustve spent a grand on putting together their 18x18x24 exoterra enclosure with live plants and modifications and such.Many owners claim theirs are skittish and no matter what seem to hide away and keep secretive.Zoomed stands by their products but not in an honorable way.Now Im gonna find a box to send the POS back.I'm just glad I dont own the 500 dollar Madagascar chameleons my mom cares for.I told her to unplug her repti"junk" and stick to a dripper system.I wont be buying zoomed anything ever again even if its discounted or on sale...this one incident was one too many and I resent the brand that sells its name by placing them on inferior overpriced junk.

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
the truth is though...how many passionate,caring reptile owners are there?....of the vast amount of people that simply buy an animals simply bc they have the money and insufficiently care for their animals.id like to see statistics regarding aspects of the general reptile owner.stories of neglect and malnourished animals are common place with this categorization of animal.many people wont take them to vets bc their "just a snake,lizard,or turtle".theyre cheap compared to many purebred dogs and cats and are replacable.and i doubt the average impulse buyer would even present their issue to zoomed if their animal died as a result of their product.

lusciousdragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am very sorry about the loss of your pets. That must have been awful. And the poor animals to have to suffer through that.
I do agree with you on the "how many passionate caring reptile owners are there" part. Reptiles do seem to be treated differently than the dogs and cats in the terms of care. There also seems to be little research done on the part of a lot of those owners before or even after purchase. I have known people who fed their turtle only tomatoes, families with young kids wanting an iguana not realizing how big they get and everything that they require, my tortoise I rescued was without a UV light and was being fed iceberg lettuce and people food. It all comes down to the stores that sell the pets and the companies that make the products. We all know that a lot of the products that are made and are then endorsed by the pet stores can be down right dangerous. Things like heat rocks and repti-sand.
I rescued some hermit crabs once and then researched them and found out that they require just as much care as our reptiles with heat, high humidity, deep substrate, salt and fresh water dishes, aquarium with lid, lights, and fresh food. Not at all like the little critter keepers with an inch of sand and powdered hermit crab food. That's why they all die. The hermit crabs at the pet store aren't being sold with all of the supplies they need, because it was very expensive setting up a hermit crab tank. I had a salt water mister, heating pads, sea salt water stuff for the bowls, a handheld spritzer, special beach type sand with ground up shell in it, and climbing stuff because they are vertical climbers. If the parents going in there with begging children knew all they needed they wouldn't buy them. Those painted shells they are in are even toxic to them as the paint comes off. And to get them in there they drug them, then yank them from their ugly natural shells to stuff them into the pretty painted Spongebob shell. I couldn't keep up with the care they required and gave them and all of their stuff to a hermit crab enthusiast I met through a forum. There is my hermit crab rant for anyone wanting hermit crabs ha ha.

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my girlfriend was wanting to keep hermit crabs in with her redfoot tortoises as apparently alot of owners keep them because they eat any possible mites and tortoise droppings but i waved the red flag because thats gross and besides,i know hermit crabs can all of a sudden act funny and pinch onto any other animal that might antagonize it out of curiosity.

lusciousdragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They could pinch the tortoise or the tortoise could crush them and hurt or kill them. They actually do have individual personalities, not like the beardies of course, but they do have personalities and are valued in the hermit crab enthusiasts just like we do our reptiles. We feed crickets to our beardies, yet there are probably people that have them for pets and would say the same thing about them. As for if they could live there, the heat and humidity would be fine for them probably since the redfoots require more humidity than say the Greek that I have. They would need additional food and a bowl of salt water. They also need enough sand to bury themselves in because they molt. They can stay down to molt for around a month or so. It would be neat to experiment with that, just don't go to a hermit crab forum or they would have your heads! ha ha.

Latest posts