• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zoo Med Natural Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Dragons are natural food eaters. They like their vegetables and fruit FRESH. They like their bugs and worms LIVE. Only a very hungry dragon goes for the dried crappy pellet stuff or the freeze dried.

When I got my General, she had been fed --" when I remember it" the owner said--on the freeze dried veggies, fruit and crickets with a bit of lettuce and celery tossed in (I wonder that she survived. Probably because the rest of her diet was so dry that it absorbed the excess liquid in the lettuce.) . She had a small water dish in her tank but had NEVER had a soak! They said she had escaped once and was gone for six months. I figure they had lots of roaches in their house! LOL Either that or she tucked herself into a nice cozy corner and brumated! My daughter was visiting and felt sorry for her. She went out to pick dandelion and started telling them how to feed her properly. When they left, the owner sent the General with her.

At MY house she gets dandelion, kale, mustard greens, collards, etc. as well as fruit and berries AND worms! NOW she won't look at the crappy dried stuff. And I only feed pellets to my dog!

Put a little effort into feeding your dragon correctly or don't keep dragons!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Live live live food :) but nothing beats live food.
guess you can feed the pellets to the feeders.... Not to mention if you feed the dry pellets they take up the moisture from the dragon needed for digestion.

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
When my dragon was a juvenile I did, I would soak them in water so that they were soft! He ate them along with his greens and dubias!

Latest posts