• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zola started eating her greens!

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
She has decided that it's collard greens that she likes! And she ate a whole bunch just now out of nowhere :) yesterday while she was out of her tank I was offering collards and dandelion greens and she took a couple bites of collards, liked them, then tried a bite of dandelion greens and I guess she didn't like them because she wouldn't eat anything else after that. That was a success to me so I gave her a few dubias in the evening as a "dessert" and she ate them all of course.

This morning I decided to do a salad of just collards. After warming up, she went over to her salad bowl for the first time ever and just started munching away. I am a very happy beardie mommy today! I was starting to contemplate blending up the greens and syringe feeding her but I didn't want to have to do that.

On another note, do any of your beardies not like to be hand fed? I always read the opposite, that almost all dragons love to be hand fed, but I can not get her to take anything from my hand or even tongs. Maybe she just doesn't trust me enough yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
congratulations ! I don't hand feed either of mine - they gotta work for it. on the other hand - I DO "feed" them water by hand - use a dropper to drip water on the tips of their noses and then they lick it off. I had both of them on my lap - "watered" the boy, then started on the girl. he wanted more - came over, crawled on top of her and stuck his head under the syringe !!

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I give her water that way as well. :) it's so cute how they lick it off their nose.

I guess I just like the idea of hand feeding as a form of bonding. Not sure why she won't take from my hand.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Aww lucky you how old is your BD. I just got bee pollen today. I have him a bath and tried to give him some bee pollen but wouldn't take so while he was soaking I added warm water to the pollen and mix it up real good and use a syringe and when he was gapping I gave him a few shots of it. He was more interested in trying to get out the bath then bother with the pollen but I at least got him some of it in him maybe when settle in his cage I'll try again. Cuz my bearded dragon won't eat his green. Playing the tough love and not giving him insect Super worm. But we shall see

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Zola is 2 years old and I just got her a couple weeks ago. Just keep offering the greens everyday and don't give superworms! They should really only be a treat anyway because they're full of fat and pretty addicting. That's probably why your beardie isn't eating greens, he just wants superworms! Don't worry, he won't starve without the bugs :) I didn't give Zola bugs for a few days and I think that helped with her eating her salad.

As far as bee pollen goes, I've heard they love the stuff! Where did you get it? I've seen it in the past at Whole Foods, but I'm not sure my local grocery store carries it.

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
The closest Whole Foods to me is 40 minutes :(

Also I suggest dubia roaches they're great staple feeders! Instead of super worms

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon

Also I suggest dubia roaches they're great staple feeders! Instead of super worms

Sent from my iPhone using
Zola is 2 years old and I just got her a couple weeks ago. Just keep offering the greens everyday and don't give superworms! They should really only be a treat anyway because they're full of fat and pretty addicting. That's probably why your beardie isn't eating greens, he just wants superworms! Don't worry, he won't starve without the bugs :) I didn't give Zola bugs for a few days and I think that helped with her eating her salad.

As far as bee pollen goes, I've heard they love the stuff! Where did you get it? I've seen it in the past at Whole Foods, but I'm not sure my local grocery store carries it.

Yea I offer him green all the time since I got him when he was six month old he just don't bother with it. Like he will take a piece here a piece there but never grub like he does the crickets. But I figure then that he young and that they don't really get into veggies until after a yr and a half. Which he is now 18 months old. But I messed up about a couple months ago by giving him Super worm. So now he playing the stand off game.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon

I live in canada and had a hard time finding it. As they said to check pharmacy and supplement store or a health organic store. I lucky found one. Or you can order some on amazon so that u don't have to drive that far

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 2 when little loved to eat from my fingers my female still will but my male doesn't anymore.... glad to hear that yours is eating the greens!!!

Latest posts