• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zen Habitat Setup

CiriTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all! Does anyone have a Zen Habitat (4'x2'x2') that they would be willing to show me their setups? I got one for my beardie a couple weeks ago and while it is setup enough at the moment, not everything is exactly right. I've been trying to look up images of other people's setups with the basking lights, UVB, etc. and haven't had much luck. Is anyone able to show me their Zen Habitat setup with details about their UVB and heat lamp setups (what kind, wattage, etc)? Thank you!!

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Here is Norbert's. I have the Reptisun t5HO UVB tube fixture with 10.0 bulb, and for basking I have a halogen household bulb, supplemented by a CHE on a thermostat. The che is over that hammock in the back on the right. The UVB fixture is hung on the support bars with thin chain, hooked to zip ties that are around the fixture. The stick-on in the back center is a humidity guage ofvtge type people put in instrument cases, etc. For temps, I have digital probe thermometers on each end of the viv, and I have a temp gun. Rubberized nonadhesive shelf liner on floor, as well as some tile (huge help with nails), and fleece piles, so along with the "furniture", he has lots of texture options. Those are Wyze cams on the outside of the viv. :0)
20200419_081516.jpg
20200419_081853.jpg

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Your hh bulb is keeping basking temps to what they need be? I use CHE's as well but only use them in the winter and rely on the basking bulb to keep temps to what they need be -- I would move some other piece of decor under your UVB from this point it looks like he only has one spot to sit under his UVB other than that the tank looks really nice -- does he utilize all his furniture ?
He does, and he has a place on each end (hot/cool) to get under the UVB. The bulb and CHE combo keeps his temps exactly where they need to be throughout the tank, without the basking spot getting hotter than he prefers, or the cool end being either too cool or too warm. This is the setup that worked best for us, after many trial and error experiments with different bulbs in different arrangements.

CiriTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks! Your tank looks awesome! I have nonadhesive shelf liners down right now, but I would like to get some tile. Did you just get them from like Home Depot or Lowes? Also is it beneficial for them to have various textures?

Latest posts