• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

You're officially a reptile person when...

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
...you start finding bugs/worms in unexpected places!
I think the occasional loose cricket is par for the course. I've also had black soldier fly larva that I thought had died, threw in a bag to take out to the garbage but forgot to take it out right away...then I started finding several bs flies in the house (so much for them being dead!).
One time my son was supposed to put the bag of superworms I'd just bought away. But instead he left the bag on his bed. A little later, he starts freaking out because there were a couple of them on his bed. A hole was in the bag (or they had chewed the hole) and several had gotten out and were crawling around. Even after I had washed all his covers, he had the heebie jeebies for days afterward lol.
Then today, I was putting my son's clothes away and found this:
mrxzld.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! Just be glad it was still in the larva stage and wasn't a hornworm MOTH! Those things are messy.

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
I feel so bad for the hornworms actually. They're Precious's absolute favorite, so that's unfortunate for them but I think they're quite adorable! If that was any other bug/worm, I probably would've been freaked out but this guy just had me chuckling. He was quite comfortable, he had such a good grip and did not want to let go!

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
Oh my gosh, yes! That's a good one lol! I should've taken a pic of Precious's poop in the refrigerator before I got it to the vets lol.
Btw that is the nicest, freshest looking meat I've ever seen!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
8 hours in the crock pot!

I also have hornworm containers in the fridge with food ready to go for when and if I get eggs.

I've also done the poop in fridge too!

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
Oh my gosh! When I used small crickets I would find them EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE!!!!! xD But that hornworm....Ewwww xD haha I would like die.. that's funny

Latest posts